OBDeleven or Carista?

Jan 23, 2020
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have a facelift Leon FR and would like to enable these features (reserve dipped mirrors, park pilot and one click fold mirrors) and other useful ones as well as use it as a diagnostic/scan tool so I'm wondering which one has more features to activate/use?

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
I know OBDEleven have the one click apps that turn features on and off as o have some experience with it.....go to their website and you can see what Apps are available to your specific model of car.
I’d imagine Carista would have a similar thing on their website but I don’t know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 23, 2020
I've used Carista for the mirror dip and one click mirrors but not sure about park pilot.

Have a look here and see if it is mentioned:

It doesn't mention park pilot in the list but I have read somewhere that it's available in the beta.

Do you need Carista subscription to use the diagnostics?

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
It doesn't mention park pilot in the list but I have read somewhere that it's available in the beta.

Do you need Carista subscription to use the diagnostics?

I think with Carista that you get 30 days free, so you can use the diagnostics for that period.

After that, you either pay a monthly/annual fee to keep those features.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
OBD Eleven has a lot more stuff you can do, you can do physical VCDS coding in it. its a better tool.

Reactions: Walone

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
Does anyone know if these devices invalidate warranties?

Would like to do a couple of things but wondering whether its best to wait until the warranty is gone (next march). Having already had to have a couple of very expensive bits replaced under warranty (virtual cockpit had to be completely replaced) I am a little nervous about messing with the code.

Also does anyone know if you can switch the electronic handbrake to activate when the ignition is off and the car is not in auto hold mode (dsg) with one of these devices.

I really don't get why the handbrake just doesn't turn on automatically when the engine is off, as if you forget the car will roll all the weight on to the transmission which cant do it a great deal of good.

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
incase the car loses power at high at high speed that would mean the handbreak would activate lmao and the ? would hit the fan

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
incase the car loses power at high at high speed that would mean the handbreak would activate lmao and the ? would hit the fan

Haha yeh, think it would hit my underpants long before the fan though.

But surely that could happen in auto hold mode. I sincerely hope there is some software protection for that scenario :oops:

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
In auto hold it uses speed sensor off the crank or wheel to determine the car is at 0 mph and, also only activates when car is put into neutral and youre foot has been put on the brake. It then holds automatically for couple of seconds when you release the brake

Reactions: DigitalSushi

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
In auto hold it uses speed sensor off the crank or wheel to determine the car is at 0 mph and, also only activates when car is put into neutral and youre foot has been put on the brake. It then holds automatically for couple of seconds when you release the brake
Aah i learnt a thing today (y)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.