Odb11 turn off high beam assist

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
Hi everyone. I have a 2023 Ateca x lux. Trying to turn Off the high beam
Assist using the odb11 app. Doesn’t seem to be working. It has a v1, v2 and v3 option but all don’t work when I turn them off. Has anyone managed to disable high beam assist. I hate it :)

Tell

Staff member
You probably have to get into the coding side of Obdeleven Pro rather than the micro payment one click apps. They are like macros which can run problematic sequences of Obdeleven instructions. Code it yourself you can always run backwards and retrace yoursteps. One click apps you don't know what they do. Pro you need the license that you can buy online.

You study other models with published coding, sites and Obdeleven forum. The Ateca is based on the Tiguan / Golf 7 etc. Eyeballing that coding gives you an idea of what to do. It will be identical.

I can't say I had an urge to put it "off". If you look at the pinned Obdeleven thread and resource I do link to the foreign boards on the Ateca coding. You may find it there. 1001 uses for Obdeleven but that's not one I've done.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
You probably have to get into the coding side of Obdeleven Pro rather than the micro payment one click apps. They are like macros which can run problematic sequences of Obdeleven instructions. Code it yourself you can always run backwards and retrace yoursteps. One click apps you don't know what they do. Pro you need the license that you can buy online.

You study other models with published coding, sites and Obdeleven forum. The Ateca is based on the Tiguan / Golf 7 etc. Eyeballing that coding gives you an idea of what to do. It will be identical.

I can't say I had an urge to put it "off". If you look at the pinned Obdeleven thread and resource I do link to the foreign boards on the Ateca coding. You may find it there. 1001 uses for Obdeleven but that's not one I've done.
This is very true. Before I got Pro, I used the app to enable "fog lights with high beams" on my Leon. Every so often I'd get a yellow warning light on the dash after flashing someone warning about the fog lights. Undid the app (had to pay again to use it... what the hell). Upgraded to Pro and did the coding manually. No issues since.

It's more expensive (and ANOTHER yearly subscription to add to the collection), but it's worth it if you're going to be doing a lot of playing around, or just want peace of mind you can go back easily.

Reactions: Tell