Odd valuations from Glass' website

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
As I'm considering selling my TFSi Sport I went to Glass' website to get a valuation. Turns out they have a bug at the moment which means if you select that your car has metallic paint it cannot quote. I did a valuation omitting the paint but INCLUDING Sat Nav / Bluetooth / 6xCD / Spare wheel which came out as £8,850. I sent a note to the Web people informing them that I'd suffered the metallic paint 'bug'.

I then got an email today with a free valuation attached WITHOUT the optional extras and still without metallic paint. It was also £8,850.

So (1) are Glass's suggesting all options have 0 (zero) value?
(2) You can get free valuations if you report the bug!

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
As I'm considering selling my TFSi Sport I went to Glass' website to get a valuation. Turns out they have a bug at the moment which means if you select that your car has metallic paint it cannot quote. I did a valuation omitting the paint but INCLUDING Sat Nav / Bluetooth / 6xCD / Spare wheel which came out as £8,850. I sent a note to the Web people informing them that I'd suffered the metallic paint 'bug'.

I then got an email today with a free valuation attached WITHOUT the optional extras and still without metallic paint. It was also £8,850.

So (1) are Glass's suggesting all options have 0 (zero) value?
(2) You can get free valuations if you report the bug!

I'm sorry to say that optional extras add very little if any value to a used car.

They do make the car more saleable that's about it.

Sat Nav may make a very slight difference, the rest of your options nice to haves that's it. When I part exchange my Cupra they never asked if it had any of those items, to be honest most none SEAT dealers wouldn't care.

leonfr170

Jun 16, 2007
i've had a trade in value online for around £8.5k also. mine is a 2007 56 TDI FR on 18s, done about 45k miles. this sound about right? looking at a 320/330d m sport or possibly audi a4 but not decided yet. leon is a great car but its just not well made enough. all these little niggles its been in for have put me off keeping it, shame really as when its right it can put a big :D on my face

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
SEAT Leon Cupra
2.0 Petrol 5-door Hatchback
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2007 07
Mileage: 14,000

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition: £13250
Average condition: £11900
Below average condition: £10600

Excellent trade in price seems a bit on the high side. I think the trade-in value of mine would be between the Average & Below Average.

Bretty

May 21, 2008
Lancashire
Excellent time to buy a new car, but a real bad time to even think about trading in expect to be offered rock bottom value.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
SEAT Leon Cupra
2.0 Petrol 5-door Hatchback
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2007 07
Mileage: 14,000

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition: £13250
Average condition: £11900
Below average condition: £10600

Excellent trade in price seems a bit on the high side. I think the trade-in value of mine would be between the Average & Below Average.

I got £13,550 for my car which was almost identical but in black back in October. (based on a deal done in August).

The dealer who ended up with it still hasn't sold it.

i've had a trade in value online for around £8.5k also. mine is a 2007 56 TDI FR on 18s, done about 45k miles. this sound about right? looking at a 320/330d m sport or possibly audi a4 but not decided yet. leon is a great car but its just not well made enough. all these little niggles its been in for have put me off keeping it, shame really as when its right it can put a big :D on my face

don't let the niggles put you off, or tubo failure on the 2.0 TD BM engine:D

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
Excellent time to buy a new car, but a real bad time to even think about trading in expect to be offered rock bottom value.

Depends where you go, just traded my Leon in for BMW and got a half decent price nearly Excellent price from the Vauxhall website. Think it just depends on the dealer and what they have to sell.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.