BLUETOOTH COMMUNICATIONS PACK - £215
SEAT MEDIA SYSTEM - £795
FRONT AND REAR PARKING SENSORS - £440
TECHNOLOGY PACK - £1375
ELECTRIC SUNROOF - £655
BI XENON HEADLIGHTS - £745
HILL HOLD CONTROL - £155
REAR SIDE AIRBAGS - £205

Further bulletin to be released later on in the week.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
It is the price that has been mooted but still feel 24K and leather as an option would be better. But looking at the cost of other hot hatches is reasonable for performance/power and the Cupra is now 21K following VAT and slight price increase. For 25K would of expected Xenons as standard as well though. A decent discount if available later on would see it at £22500 if you take the usual 10% discount that some dealers offer.

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
The combined tech and convenience pack was a big money saver, around £2500 for the equivalent options on the Cupra R, when you can have the lot for £1500ish on other models?

Seems like getting the convenience pack as standard... isn't so convenient...[B)]

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The combined tech and convenience pack was a big money saver, around £2500 for the equivalent options on the Cupra R, when you can have the lot for £1500ish on other models?

Seems like getting the convenience pack as standard... isn't so convenient...[B)]

You now have to spec the convenience seperatly to the tech now so it is £1375 + price of the convenience pack (£225) for all models.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I stand corrected :whistle: When did that happen?

Good question it must of been in Dec/Jan as we ordered ours Oct 31st ans was one price and changed spec in Nov and ummed and arghed over Tech pack and was still £1600ish. Sour you save £225 on the R :blink:

Works out cheaper to Revo a standard Cupra add the leather if you really want it and put on some 19" wheels (I prefer the Cupra 18") and still works out cheaper................Oh and add the R badges lol

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
To be fair I personally cannot see it being such a big seller or as popular as the standard Cupra. At £25k I would spend my money elsewhere.....

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
The other thought I've had which annoy a lot of current owners moving from the MK2 Cupra to a MK3 Cupra/R the price will more likely be in the region of £24k - £25k for the new MK3 model. I know we probably won't see the new model until early 2012 although I won't be spending that sort of money on the new model.

Seat are in danger of pricing themselves out of reach of a lot of potential buyers. When I bought my reasonably specced out Cupra in 2007 it was priced up at around £21k and I paid just over £16k as an ex-demo which was 9 months old. So a £5k saving. I would pay £20k for a ex-demo MK3 Cupra/R.

I been looking at B8 A4's and they are a lot better value than the A3's.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
It just seems alot of money for not alot extra. There are alot of cars that I would buy, even 6 months to a year old instead of the Cupra R at that money. Specked up Focus RS for example. Even a Spec'd up Cupra and a map. The leather should be an option, with xenons and bluetooth as standard instead.

Glad I'm not planning on selling mine. It has all the options I need and is it pristine condition. I just can't see anything in the bracket I paid for it that will temp me to sell it.

adycav

Compare the Cupra R to the new Mazda 3 MPS.

The MPS is only very slightly less powerful with 256ps and has very similar performance specs. It comes with xenons, half leather, bose audio, sat nav, metallic paint etc etc all as standard and it costs under £22k.

The Mazda is a right bargain.

Poverty

To be fair I personally cannot see it being such a big seller or as popular as the standard Cupra. At £25k I would spend my money elsewhere.....

Focus RS springs to mind. Slower in a straight line but residuals will remain high and its a better all round car.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005

The MPS is only very slightly less powerful with 256ps and has very similar performance specs. It comes with xenons, half leather, bose audio, sat nav, metallic paint etc etc all as standard and it costs under £22k.

Have you seen one? Figures and spec are one thing but I'd have to sit in it too...

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
The only downside with the Mazda 3 MPS is that they are supposed to be quite hard to tune compared to the Leon.

The new one looks a lot better than the last model though. If I was going to get another hatchback I'd probably consider it :)

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea

agreed its a bargain but i was out on the paddock at croft on a coned handling course last week in one, instructed by a race driver from a leon funnily enough. the MPS left me totally deflated, i come from a long line of jap cars and was excited at the day in the mps but it was boring at everything other than full chat...
so its not just down to spec list...though the mps is VERY highly specc'd from standard i agree

Poverty

The only downside with the Mazda 3 MPS is that they are supposed to be quite hard to tune compared to the Leon.

The new one looks a lot better than the last model though. If I was going to get another hatchback I'd probably consider it :)

Yeah not much tuning, but they map to over 300hp like the cupra.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Ha ha ha ha ha! Rip off. Shot themselves in the foot. Sooooooooo glad now I never bothered waiting for one.

For that money, I would sooner have a pre reg S3, a new poverty spec Focus RS or even spend another few k and get the uber overpriced R20T Golf, or possibly a nearly new 335i BMW.

I cant even see people coming in to the brand to buy one at that price, never mind those who already own a SEAT Leon Cupra who may aspire to the R.

The minor differences between the Cupra and Cupra R are in no way worth that much of a difference.

Poverty

Ha ha ha ha ha! Rip off. Shot themselves in the foot. Sooooooooo glad now I never bothered waiting for one.

For that money, I would sooner have a pre reg S3, a new poverty spec Focus RS or even spend another few k and get the uber overpriced R20T Golf, or possibly a nearly new 335i BMW.

I cant even see people coming in to the brand to buy one at that price, never mind those who already own a SEAT Leon Cupra who may aspire to the R.

The minor differences between the Cupra and Cupra R are in no way worth that much of a difference.

and xenons arent standard what a joke! Its weird how 6 months ago I though the Focus RS was expensive, and after recent VAG developments, I no longer think it is! How quickly things change!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.