Official SEAT Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSi DSG Shots Released

wizzle_ibiza_fr

Mar 2, 2008
im startin to like this but its needs to grow on me abit more, love the interior thou. may consider ordering one when released depending on the insurance group. any figures on 0-60 and top speed?

Poverty

people who have driven the new 1.4 tsi 160hp scirrocco say the engine is crap an it really doesnt feel fast which is just great :rolleyes:

wizzle_ibiza_fr

Mar 2, 2008
hmm think il stick to the idea of getting a leon fr tdi then, more car for the money:p :) i kno its not the topic but whats the bhp on a remap from 170bhp?

Poverty

hmm think il stick to the idea of getting a leon fr tdi then, more car for the money:p :) i kno its not the topic but whats the bhp on a remap from 170bhp?

roughly 200-210hp. currently limited by the dpf. once deleted apparently its good for 250hp which would make it stupidly quick.

Arosa14Tdi

Is anyone now in a position to confirm the cost of the New Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI?

What Car are saying £10104 OTR and £9688 target price!

Can this be true?

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Is anyone now in a position to confirm the cost of the New Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI?

What Car are saying £10104 OTR and £9688 target price!

Can this be true?

I don't think so, since the 1.6 16V Sport model is currently listed at £10,865 OTR and the 1.9TDi Sport model is currently listed at £11,495 OTR.

Maybe they mean the 1.4 16V Sport model, which is currently listed at £10,280 OTR?

Prices haven't been released for the Cupra yet, but having looked at various articles, the price is expected to be between £14,500 - £16,000.

Also, I've yet to see these "large disc brakes and red 4 pot calipers" that are mentioned on nearly every article I've read... :shrug: And apparently, despite being the 'top of the range sporty model', side skirts will be on the options list?

naranja000

160hp is 1.8 tsi not 1.4

The 160hp engine is the 1.4 on the Scirocco, and I suspect similar to that touted for the Cupra. So far as I know (at least in the UK) the only two petrol engines avaliable on the Scirocco are the 1.4 TSI (160hp) and the 2.0 TSI (200hp). There is no 1.8 TSI.

spireman

I dont know the weight difference between the new Golf and Scirroco, but i have just bought the new Golf 1.4 TSI SE 122bhp and it is very quick 0-60 in 9.5 seconds, when you consider the new Golf TDI 140 bhp does 0.60 in 9.3, it shows just how fast the petrol is, and the 122bhp 1.4 engine is chain driven, so no messing about paying for cambelts. I only paid 14200 on the road, so i reckon its a good price. I think the Seat ibizas and leons are also having the 1.4tsi 122bhp in them. i reckon the new Seat ibizas are having the old 1.4 and 1.9 VW diesels in them, rate clattery old things.

Toner89

Top Member
May 3, 2008
Forest Of Dean
The cupra that you and I wish for will be called the Audi S1.

Like this audi a1 sportback concept, but 3 door, sporty with a real mans engine and fully independant rear suspension,

112_2008_paris_01z+audi_a1_concept+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

Now i like the look of that Audi!

iam not so sure on the mark 5 thou!

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
Now i like the look of that Audi!

iam not so sure on the mark 5 thou!

On the subject of this audi has anyone else read that s1'll come with a 200bhp 1.4 tsi, quattro, 7 speed dsg and a TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND pound price tag.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.