Oil leak puzzle

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
Noticed a small patch of what looks like oil under the front of my Cupra a few hours after I parked up. Felt thin light and oily to the touch. Took it to a local place for a quick look on a ramp today and they say it’s from high behind the manifold. Couldn’t see from exactly where without dismantling. They said it is not like engine oil as it’s sticky, but it must be oil right?

No other symptoms, nothing untoward in the coolant or under the cap. Oil was a little low but I’ve not checked it since changed 5k ago.

I’ll book it into a dealer for a proper look but in the meantime anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
Noticed a small patch of what looks like oil under the front of my Cupra a few hours after I parked up. Felt thin light and oily to the touch. Took it to a local place for a quick look on a ramp today and they say it’s from high behind the manifold. Couldn’t see from exactly where without dismantling. They said it is not like engine oil as it’s sticky, but it must be oil right?

No other symptoms, nothing untoward in the coolant or under the cap. Oil was a little low but I’ve not checked it since changed 5k ago.

I’ll book it into a dealer for a proper look but in the meantime anyone got any ideas?

Turned out it was coolant leak from the aux coolant pump, mixing with oily gunk from the undertray. £300 later all is good.

Reactions: LouG
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.