Oil service warning.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Blimey, this COVID business is playing havoc with my car! It’s 8 months and 3200 miles old, and it wants an oil service in 10300 miles or 29 days!! What sort of daft schedule is that on?? It’ll get a service in September on its first birthday (and annually after that, as us my custom). Now to try and find which of the various options on YouTube works to reset the warning :)

Terry99

Aug 2, 2019
Silsden, West Yorkshire
I had same issue. First oil service warning came on much too early. Took it to the dealer who reset it. They said that some vehicles had been incorrectly set up at the factory.
(I’ve since had no problems)

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Well I managed to reset mine successfully, so that’s one less irritation! When it goes in in September I’ll get it set to annual.

Reactions: Terry99

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
Well I managed to reset mine successfully, so that’s one less irritation! When it goes in in September I’ll get it set to annual.
This has just happened to me. After sorting out the CUPRA Care the very same day my car has come up with this oil change warning message.
Car is not even 8 months old with 3,300 miles on it.
Thing is I took the car in for an oil change just after I bought it. It had been an Ex-Demo and one of the managers was using it as his runabout so just for piece of mind I took it to an independent and had the oil and filter done.
I thought these modern engines use sensors to measure oil degradation, obviously doesn't work on these engines.

Tell

Staff member
Suppose too. They would catch out the regular Ateca cheapskates who reckoned they were on two year long service plan but got a shock that it was monitoring oil independently. If the wrong oil goes in then it gets reduced but obvious you Cupra owners know this. There is a screen under services. They leave the factory either setup up for long service or annual. Regular Ateca's got the two year plan, not sure of Cupra Ateca's. Then the fun began.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.