Oil...

I got the 1.6 tdi, and i was washing it the other day when i woke up and decided to check the oil, its getting really close to the minimum line.... i only had it for a month and half.. is this normal?? 1800 miles on it.. should i just top it up??

If so, does any body know what oil to put in?? im not too good with cars.. just know how to drive :)

thanks..

Dan

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
would have thought if u bought it brand new the oil would use up quicker at first as the engine would be dry so needs oil pumped round.

Should have it in your manual or just search your car on the internet as most oil companies will guide you to what oil you require

Thanks mate.. i found some castrol edge 5w/30 and its got the vw 507 00 thingy that the manual said that engines with a dpf filter needs.. so do you think that will be alrite?? i wanna get some good stuff as well.. so no bothered about price.. as long as it works :)

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
or, maybe you have the same problem as me....

after having my car for 28hours, the turbo oil feed pipe was faulty and leaked ALL the oil out....

Mak1

VW 507 00 on all engines with DPF. It says Castrol Edge 5W-30 meets this but would just check back of the pack before using it.
All manufactures I’ve worked for deliver there cars with all levels on min, must save them a fortune. The dealer then tops them up @ PDI but doesn't get paid for it.
As such chances are it was not on max when you picked it up.
VWG vehicles vary but acceptable oil consumption is either 1/2 ltr or 1ltr per 1000km (600 miles ish), either way ALOT!

Mak1

Other oils that meet the spec are Shell Helix Diesel Ultra Extra SAE 5W-30, Valvoline SynPower XL-III SAE 5W-30, Quantum Longlife III SAE 5W-30, Mobil 1 ESP Formula SAE 5W-30, Gulf Formula GVX SAE 5W-30, Fuchs TITAN GT1 Longlife III SAE 5W-30, Havoline Ultra V SAE 5W-30 or BP Visco 7000 Longlife III SAE 5W-30 (just picked the ones i'd heard of) so plenty to go at.

Thanks mate :) i never checked when i first got it so maybe the dealer never topped it up! i've went and bought myself some castrol edge 5w/30. so ill put it in when i got home. should be fine.. But thanks! and maybe admin to put that list as a sticky some where for other people like me :)

thanks

Dan