ok guys - where to find 14" black alloys

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Honestly, I can't understand why people want to change their wheels for something they're not totally happy with!

Get a requote or change insurers. I can't believe they'd charge you £300 for alloys, thats nearly half as much as I'm paying for my car, all mods declared! I'm not even that old either! ( I don't think so anyway :p)

Its up to you at the end of the day, but Scott has laid out all the options for you. Just don't put 14" alloys on your car, it'll be the biggest waste of money you could make. £600 for tiny alloys plus insurance lol, you'd only want to change them again.

Just take the hubs caps off and run them as the steelies they are. Hell, get a spray can and change the colour, it'll save you so much in the long run.

As above really, not meaning to sound harsh, but just being honest, 14" alloys is a silly idea :)

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
listen bud DO NOT PAY £300 for 14" alloys, not worth it....i would rather run on steelies than do tht, but either 16s or 17s do not get 14s, u still need to declare them, insurace dont care on size, if u buy alloys that are the same as standard size alloys U STILL NEED TO DECLARE THEM!!!! so they will charge u £300 anyways for 14", heres ur options in black and white

.pay silly money for tiny wheels=300 to insure
.buy bigger alloys = 300 to insure, (but ur happier with nice rims)
.dont buy alloys=save 300= :(
.change insurance+buy rims=£50 tops to insure alloys
.dont listen to us and do what the hell u want (bear in mind we've been and done it)

not trying to sound harsh but seems ur missing the point here, gonna cost u 300 to insure no matter what size

no mate it dont cost me anything on insurance to get 14's cos thats what the car came with as standard - its only if i alter the size of the alloys then i have to pay the £300