Ok, what engine you got Mk4 Beeza ONLY!!!

What engine is in your mk4

• Total voters

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
I had the 2.0L 8v Ibiza for 2 years and I only ever saw another 3 or 4 on this forum in that time. Plus the dealership group I bought it from is still trying to sell off their batch of cars, as no one wants them! :blink:

I liked the noise and the performance, but not the fuel economy.

They're selling like crazy over here (in Mexico) ever since I bought mine, but then again I'm used to starting trends, lol
I agree the car does pull well and sound nice but the fuel economy leaves a LOT to be desired, just made some conversions and my 10.1 l/100km turns out to be around 22 MpG!

Last edited:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I suppose it is inevitable that the PD130 is the most popular, as for two years, until the introduction of the petrol FR, the 130 Sport was the fastest model in the range.

It's good to see so many new Ibizas with all variations of engines appearing on these forums recently after rather a slow start.:)

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
1.9 tdi sport 130bhp ;)
untouched (bar pd160 intake)
hopefully more to follow:whistle:

Silver Bullet

Large Member
May 9, 2006
come to think of it, other than opening up the engine and counting the valves how can I know if I have the 2.0 8v or the 16v? is it the same engine? what are the power differences? the car's instruction manual says nothing about it and according to seat's website my car was never built!

gazjones

i belive its just an 8 valve producing 115bhp is i was after one before my fr came along the 20 16v is what was in the mk2 cup rally and cordoba 2.0 16

gazjones

nah think the 1.8 20vt is thirsty! i managed average of 22 mpg!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members