One-use clips

jammycupra

Have bought the replacement oil breather pipes today, and they come with the 'one-use clips'.. How do you crimp the top properly though? Is a special tool needed?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
prefer the clamp one's myself, more even and jubilee clips 'always' get overtightened

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I've never had a problem with jubilee clips causing split pipes or anything like that.

Like you say Flapper, very easy to overtighten though..

jammycupra

Just took all the old ones off, shredded my hand in the process.. Would prefer to use the original clips might go and get a tool for them. Only thing im bothered about is the access is terrible under the inlet manifold not sure if I can get the tool in there

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
U just orderd a load of jubilee and petrol pipe clips for when i put my engine back together, them one use your on about are very similar to cv boot clips, and there is a tool for them but the ammont of people who tr and zip tie cv boots on is unreal, half my hoses wer ziptied on :S leaking boost from every orrifice the recirc valve wasnt even clipped to the TIP. when tightening them just tighten till there againt the hose then go about 1/2 - 1 turn extra as all the pipes have the ring arround the edge to stop them coming off.

jammycupra

All done ! Found a 1" split in once of the pipes, must of been like it since I bought the car, cant beleive how much difference there is!! Loadsss more power and no flat spot anymore. HAPPY !

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.