Ooooh what fun im having with the dpf

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS

an so the problem arrises once again,
i have the leon fr 170, and as above have suffered with this stupid dpf causing havock.

Got the car towed to the nearest seat dealers in yeadon this afternoon by the aa.

Gunna cost me once again for the dpf regeneration, its only been a month an half since i had it done last, this fecking cars costing me £155 every 2 month or so up to scratch. Time for a change any suggestions??????

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
These DPF doodah's seem to be a nightmare. Sorry to hear of your troubles burnsy, hope all is sorted quickly and with minimal cost.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK

i have the leon fr 170, and as above have suffered with this stupid dpf causing havock.

Got the car towed to the nearest seat dealers in yeadon this afternoon by the aa.

Gunna cost me once again for the dpf regeneration, its only been a month an half since i had it done last, this fecking cars costing me £155 every 2 month or so up to scratch. Time for a change any suggestions??????
Go for a de dpf and a remap - cheaper in the long run [ and get better mpg to boot!!]

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
Go for a de dpf and a remap - cheaper in the long run [ and get better mpg to boot!!]
well that is an option i was opting for but ive got a baby arriving on the scene in 14 weeks so all my moneys going on my little girl when she arrives so dnt realy want to spend jst short ov a 1000k on de-dpf an remap at the mo oldoiler.

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
These DPF doodah's seem to be a nightmare. Sorry to hear of your troubles burnsy, hope all is sorted quickly and with minimal cost.
they are if you do mainly city driving like me rob, i wish they would have told me that it would'nt be adequate for that when i bought it.

shaw25

Nov 1, 2008
north lanarkshire
I had some problems with the dpf on my fr, after doing some research, a few people had mentioned millers fuel additive, I was a little sceptical but after using it for 4 or 5 months no dpf issues at all.

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
You shouldn't have to pay anything at the dealers

im affraid you do have to pay sean the simple reason is that the DPF is classed as a FILTER an therefor seat uk will not cover the regeneration process under warranty. a pretty **** excuse if you ask me, but like i said this is the second time in 1 an a half months its been in the dealers for the same thing

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
I had some problems with the dpf on my fr, after doing some research, a few people had mentioned millers fuel additive, I was a little sceptical but after using it for 4 or 5 months no dpf issues at all.

i'l have to try that then. thats if i dont sell it. cheers

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
I thought the dpf would regenerate itself or am I wrong.Thankfully I have covered 9k in mine in a year and never had any dpf issues.YET.And wtf is the regeneration process anyway please.

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
im affraid you do have to pay sean the simple reason is that the DPF is classed as a FILTER an therefor seat uk will not cover the regeneration process under warranty. a pretty **** excuse if you ask me, but like i said this is the second time in 1 an a half months its been in the dealers for the same thing

Try a different dealer, i've never had to pay anything in 4 visits!

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Millers fuel additive does help. I've been using the stuff not long after i got the car. But last month i forgot to buy another bottle and when for 3 weeks without it, and the DPF light came on for the first time. Regen mode was more frequent when not using millers. Now back on Millers and hopefully less DPF problems.

I've also got a baby on the way, but getting the De DPF option done at some point early next year. If it's not available in scotland, i'll take the car down south to get it done.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I never paid for my DPF regeneration - tell them it IS a warranty issue and that you wanted sorting as such.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

sorry to hear about your problems , but you are taking the easy option , SEAT must love you , like a free cash machine to them.
you should not have to pay at all , i take it your car is still under warranty?
write down all the times your car has been into the dealers , how much you have paid out , what garage you are using and put it into a constructive letter to SEAT customer services and politely ask them for a refund for the work for your car , and request that someone from milton keynes tech department to come to your local dealer where your car is at and show them how to fix the fault with your car , i think that should get the job done.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Try a different dealer, i've never had to pay anything in 4 visits!

Same here, our local dealer would do it x 4, but after that it was at your costs [ I assume that there has also been a increase in fuel consumption too?? - this could point to one of the 5 sensors being duff], BURNSY_B you might have a SEATCUPRA.NET member locally to you with VAG COM and could carry out some tests ?? worth a try

the_basehead

Do the Leons not use Active Regeneration? Sounds a bit of an odd choice on the part of the manufacturer. Just to add to your concerns - the DPFs will clog up over time (many many miles) with an incombustible ash compound that is not removed during regeneration :D

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
sorry to hear about your problems , but you are taking the easy option , SEAT must love you , like a free cash machine to them.
you should not have to pay at all , i take it your car is still under warranty?
write down all the times your car has been into the dealers , how much you have paid out , what garage you are using and put it into a constructive letter to SEAT customer services and politely ask them for a refund for the work for your car , and request that someone from milton keynes tech department to come to your local dealer where your car is at and show them how to fix the fault with your car , i think that should get the job done.

yeh my cars still got jst over a years warranty left on it rob. thanks for your suggestion mate, il have to definately write them a letter. i will have paid £310 in the last 2 month on regens otherwise, i think like you said theve seen me coming a mile off.

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
Same here, our local dealer would do it x 4, but after that it was at your costs [ I assume that there has also been a increase in fuel consumption too?? - this could point to one of the 5 sensors being duff], BURNSY_B you might have a SEATCUPRA.NET member locally to you with VAG COM and could carry out some tests ?? worth a try

well the last time it went on may bank holiday it blew the Exhaust Pressure Sensor.
god knows if thats blown again or not i'll find out monday when i phone up. they did cover the sensor under warranty last time though, but still thats not the point.

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
is there no way at all that these cars could be getting recalled some time soon with all the problems people are having????? surely if those who have had problems with the DPF like myself wrote a letter of complaint something will get done in the longrun?????

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members