Opinons - I'm thinking of getting...

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
....a Subaru Impreza WRX in March (07 model).

Whats your opinons on these, and how much do you think I'd get for my 05 plate Leon FR TDI ?

Any decent sites to get stats, forums etc on these?

Cheers guys

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Andy,

Im looking to get something a bit more powerful. Would love a new petrol Leon, but I really hate the new shape, it looks really $hit compared to the MK1 version.

I can get a new 07 model for £15k - was offered £13k for my Leon a few months ago, so Im looking at around 3k to change it now !

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
yeh they nice cars but they not some thing that drive daily use - such as trip 2 corner shop.
they dont give good mpg! if you got heavy foot! i had subs before - spent around 40-70 quid on fuel a week!

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
i was doing over £100 a week in my old RS focus and that was just running around, stick with the tdi take it to allards and go for big power lol!

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
one day, you will regret it! i know i have, (unless you have 2 cars). but thats your choice - the old sayin : you only be young once!

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I hear you lol

Just getting really bored of mine now though :(

5k off the list price also tempted me from allbrandsnew.com..........

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Check out this months EVo mag, they ave just taken on a New WRX ( sportwagon though) as a Staff car and can't speak more highly of it ( bar the interior quality)

Shop around though as load of pre-reg deals on the WRX about, seena few at £15995 with 200 miles ont the clock. And then sell the Leon privately

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
....but much more fun ???

I'm in one of those moods this week, bored of my car & not looking at the downside of a new one......

Cheers for all your replies, I'll let you know what I decide to do :)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
What you have to bear in mind is any powerful petrol car is going to cost a lot more to run than your Leon, so that's going to be an issue whatever you chose, Sccoby or not. But it's the other costs that you need to take into consideration, such as servicing costs, tyres, insurance and all the other consumable items that you need from time to time. All of these are likely to be very expensive compared to the Leon.

However, if you can afford that, you wont find many better cars than the Scooby you're looking at for that budget.

Just be prepared to spend double what you spend now each year.

Alba77

£13grand sounds good for trade in. I got offered that for my 05 leon frtdi couple of months back to trade in against a new leon frtdi. Brilliant deal- worked out I wouldnt be paying anymore than what I am the now, but like you- the new shape just didnt grow on me.. decided just to keep with my mark1.
let us know what you decided on tho.

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
It's all been said above to be honest. Bear in mind all the servicing costs, the fact that 4 tyres will probably need replacing together and the higher fuel costs before you make a decision. Maybe write up a budget for all the consumables as you will probably end up paying more for them than the actual loan on the car eacm month! I had a look at a WRX before I bought my Leon. The insurance quotes put me off as often this is dead money umless you actually make a claim. I sold my Focus ST because I was sick of the fuel consumption which would have been worse with a WRX. I do quite a few miles each day you may not......

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
The Leon has been good to me so far !

Servicing for the 1st year cost about £120, and £160 for the 2nd year.

No new tyres as of yet (although the fronts could do with replacing soonish).

I do about 250 miles per week, thats about £20 of fuel. I take it this will double in the WRX ?

I've sorted the insurance out already (I get stung by insurance, so have to play the system a little!!)

Just getting some part ex quotes for the Leon now....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.