Options ?

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
hello,

Just put my LcR in the garage for a check up and they found the exhaust from the centre silencer back the hangers have gone so i was thinking what's my options :think:

Thanks Mark

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
2 ties, one round the pipe, one looped through it to the hanger. Mine was like that for a month before I got the Milltek and had it fitted. The fitter couldn't believe it when he saw it as by rights, they should have melted!

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
2 ties, one round the pipe, one looped through it to the hanger. Mine was like that for a month before I got the Milltek and had it fitted. The fitter couldn't believe it when he saw it as by rights, they should have melted!

:lol: what's the milltek like mate

quite common i believe, or has been known to happen on a few occassions at least, get them welded if poss'.

cant person before me tried it i could see weld marks, :( how much are they brand new oem:redface:

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
:lol: what's the milltek like mate

Its a top quality product. Very well made, fits together nice, looks the biz (pics in the link in my sig - but mines a twin round pipe finish). Can't comment on noise for your car - mines an oil burner. I did have a MK2 GTi a couple of years back and fitted a Milltek to that and it was the biz. Also, my mate has one on his Mk4 2.8 V6 4-Motion that's supercharged and it is the best sounding exhaust I've heard yet. They ain't cheap though. Mine was £320-ish for cat-back.

Pics here

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
Its a top quality product. Very well made, fits together nice, looks the biz (pics in the link in my sig - but mines a twin round pipe finish). Can't comment on noise for your car - mines an oil burner. I did have a MK2 GTi a couple of years back and fitted a Milltek to that and it was the biz. Also, my mate has one on his Mk4 2.8 V6 4-Motion that's supercharged and it is the best sounding exhaust I've heard yet. They ain't cheap though. Mine was £320-ish for cat-back.

Pics here

cool im guessing they are full stainless ? am i right in saying you can remove the centre silencer :whistle:

p.s that looks nice hanging out the back ;)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Your looking at about £350 depending on if you want a resonated or Non res system.
It will make a big difference and they sound nice too.
The non res one is the one without the middle box.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
cool im guessing they are full stainless ? am i right in saying you can remove the centre silencer :whistle:

p.s that looks nice hanging out the back ;)

you can but you wouldn't as why would you buy it in the first place ? You could just get hold of a length of pipe! :lol:

You can buy resonated or non-resonated. One has a centre box, one doesn't. They sound awesome on every car I've heard them on.

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
Your looking at about £350 depending on if you want a resonated or Non res system.
It will make a big difference and they sound nice too.
The non res one is the one without the middle box.

oww this is tempting :p have you got one on D.K

you can but you wouldn't as why would you buy it in the first place ? You could just get hold of a length of pipe! :lol:

You can buy resonated or non-resonated. One has a centre box, one doesn't. They sound awesome on every car I've heard them on.

lol i ment do they come with out the silencer:redface: and your spot on bloody hell why do all the nice things cost more :whistle:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
:think: Ermm NO !!!!! :lol:

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00182_1.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.