Order Lead Times

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
Ibiza FR 115. I was told it was build this time last week but got an email today saying it hasn’t left Barcelona

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Ibiza FR 115. I was told it was build this time last week but got an email today saying it hasn’t left Barcelona
The last ship to leave Barcelona was on 4th August, so if your car wasn't on that one (which seems likely given what you have been told) then it won't leave until the next one on 3rd September.

For 11 months of the year there is pretty-much a ship every week, but due to the August shut-down where very little is built there are none in August.

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
Really that’s worrying I’m pretty impatient because I’m without a car at the minute. The old car got written off 2 weeks ago.. Having to get a lift to work and depend on the Mrs is driving me mad

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Yes, really. Ships don't sail until they're full.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Mine was allegedly built on 2nd or 3rd of August, so I'm guessing the likelihood of my car being on the ship by the 4th is pretty slim...

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Does anybody know if northern ireland orders get shipped to england and then ferried across or do they go to Dublin. I assume it goes to england so might take a week longer than most.

AlexOS

I’ve just received an update from my lease company that they have been informed that the estimated build week for my ST 4drive (ordered Feb 28) is currently between weeks 45, the second week of November and week 51, mid December. Allowing for delivery, I probably won’t get the car until January at the earliest, possibly early February.

Roughly 50 weeks from order to delivery... better be a sensational car....

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
I’ve just received an update from my lease company that they have been informed that the estimated build week for my ST 4drive (ordered Feb 28) is currently between weeks 45, the second week of November and week 51, mid December. Allowing for delivery, I probably won’t get the car until January at the earliest, possibly early February.

Roughly 50 weeks from order to delivery... better be a sensational car....

What, that is mental! How long were you quoted? I'm worried now about my car ordered in April, due to arrive September.... I sold my current car last month and am able to use my partners for a few months max. I can't borrow it for longer as I do more miles than what he's allowed via his PCP!

AlexOS

What, that is mental! How long were you quoted? I'm worried now about my car ordered in April, due to arrive September.... I sold my current car last month and am able to use my partners for a few months max. I can't borrow it for longer as I do more miles than what he's allowed via his PCP!
If you’ve ordered a 5door you’ll probably be fine as there are starting to get build dates, but if you’ve ordered an ST... you’re probably in it for the long haul...

I ordered on 28 Feb, and currently I’ll be happy if I get it before Christmas! But I’m not even holding my breath for that.. I was originally quoted for delivery late August, but asked for mid September...

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Does anybody know if Northern Ireland orders get shipped to England and then ferried across or do they go to Dublin. I assume it goes to England so might take a week longer than most.
All N.I orders land in the UK at Grimsby, before being moved by road to wherever ferries to Belfast big enough to take car transporters leave from. I'm assuming this is Liverpool, as if it was Stranraer they would bring them in at Tyne.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Updated cw33 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza 10-12 weeks
Toledo 10-12 weeks
Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks
Leon ST 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 10-12 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 MPI +8 weeks
Ibiza 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +2 weeks
Ibiza FR Sport +2 weeks

Arona 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +8 weeks

Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +8 weeks (will be built as 1.5 TSI EVO 150)
Leon FR Sport +10 weeks

Ateca FR Sport +10 weeks

There are no additional lead times for any factory option not listed

Reactions: Aris88

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
All N.I orders land in the UK at Grimsby, before being moved by road to wherever ferries to Belfast big enough to take car transporters leave from. I'm assuming this is Liverpool, as if it was Stranraer they would bring them in at Tyne.
Thanks for the info.

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
If you’ve ordered a 5door you’ll probably be fine as there are starting to get build dates, but if you’ve ordered an ST... you’re probably in it for the long haul...

I ordered on 28 Feb, and currently I’ll be happy if I get it before Christmas! But I’m not even holding my breath for that.. I was originally quoted for delivery late August, but asked for mid September...

Oh gosh, that's such a long wait. I'm waiting on an Ibiza FR DSG, last I heard I didn't have a build date, however despite that my dealer said they were unable to make any adjustments on the system (I wanted to add ACC).

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I'm waiting on an Ibiza FR DSG, last I heard I didn't have a build date, however despite that my dealer said they were unable to make any adjustments on the system (I wanted to add ACC).
That's correct. Ordering has closed on MY18 Ibiza, so even though the build week has not confirmed the specification has. MY19 ordering has now opened, but because ACC is no longer available they can't even cancel your existing order and submit a new one for the new specification.

Last edited:

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
Hi Scrogg any news on ordering books opening for cupra st 4drive, our dealership is unsure and phoned SEAT who said they are looking to start building in October but couldnt say when books open

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...any news on ordering books opening for cupra st 4drive, our dealership is unsure and phoned SEAT who said they are looking to start building in October but couldnt say when books open
23rd October.

No idea why your dealership are unsure, the date was confirmed over two weeks ago.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Scrogg, do you normally receive pdf versions of the brochures before they go public, if so could you post a pdfcopy on here of the my19 leon? Any ideas on when that should be released?

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
I’m told my car was delivered on the 18th to Grimsby. Does anyone know how long it will be until I get my car? What’s the process? Very impatient

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise