Our Cupra is nearly here...

badtastebear

Jan 29, 2007
Berkshire
Dealer has rang today and our baby is on the boat and nearly on english soil :funk:
Hope to be able to pick her up the end of the month once the dealer has done the extras on her..YIPPIE

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Give the dealer a call and chase

I did phone yesterday, he said that it had been built at the weekend, but it was still awaiting allocation for shipping???

Now as I am new to all this, then this could of been a fob off, unless anyone can shed some light on it that this could be true???

He promised to phone back this week with anymore news, he did say from this point he has known a car to be at the dealers 10days later although he also backed it up by saying it could be 4 weeks also.

Once he has a definate date, he said the accessoris would be ordered, bodyshop booked so that a minimal waiting time until I could pick it up would be achieved.

cuprarstu

Jan 8, 2006
Hertfordshire
[QUOTE
He promised to phone back this week with anymore news, he did say from this point he has known a car to be at the dealers 10days later although he also backed it up by saying it could be 4 weeks alsoQUOTE]

Don't know if this helps as I don't know which week it was built but my Cupra left the port on 16th March and arrived at my dealer on 10th April (would have been the 6th April if it were not for the Good Friday). He has only taken a couple of days to fit the skirts, rear spoiler, rear parking sensors, and armrest, and I am collecting it Saturday:D

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
[QUOTE
He promised to phone back this week with anymore news, he did say from this point he has known a car to be at the dealers 10days later although he also backed it up by saying it could be 4 weeks alsoQUOTE]

Don't know if this helps as I don't know which week it was built but my Cupra left the port on 16th March and arrived at my dealer on 10th April (would have been the 6th April if it were not for the Good Friday). He has only taken a couple of days to fit the skirts, rear spoiler, rear parking sensors, and armrest, and I am collecting it Saturday:D

I do think that to get it this month would be an extreme long shot hence I am not counting on it only to be cheesed off if it didn't turn up.

P.S. I think that will be the worst part of the wait, knowing it is in the country and waiting for me to be able to go pick it up.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
I ordered an FR on Sat 3rd Feb. Computers showed that there was a free one that had just completed it's build at the end of January.

My dealer rang me on the Monday morning to say that it had just left port.

Found out on the 15th that the car was already at the dealers. It had arrived sometime before then, not sure when though as my sales chap had been on holiday.

Therefore it all happened pretty quickly, so you never know folks, it might all happen quickly too for you!!

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
I dont get this whole shipping thing and why a date cannot be given. Surely they have to stick to shipping dates etc

Audi etc tell you you car will arrive on such and such a date. At least you have a date, or an idea as to when it will arrive..

SEAT on the other hand dont have a clue, my car left port 29th March and they have no clue if the car is still on the boat or waiting to be called. :shrug: I was supposed to have the car a the start of April!!
The car takes 10days to get to the dealers once it has been called by the dealer.

Went to dealers yesterday as I had been told all the different stories over the phone, "sorry the sales manager is not here and no one else knows how to use the vehicle tracking system":wtf: The car seems to be in la la land since 29th March as far as Im concerned...... so annoyed and fed up of phoning - never getting a call back!

ALL I WANT IS A F'N DATE WHEN I CAN PICK MY CAR UP!!!

Last edited:

cuprarstu

Jan 8, 2006
Hertfordshire
I dont get this whole shipping thing and why a date cannot be given. Surely they have to stick to shipping dates etc

Audi etc tell you you car will arrive on such and such a date. At least you have a date, or an idea as to when it will arrive..

SEAT on the other hand dont have a clue, my car left port 29th March and they have no clue if the car is still on the boat or waiting to be called. :shrug: I was supposed to have the car a the start of April!!
The car takes 10days to get to the dealers once it has been called by the dealer.

Went to dealers yesterday as I had been told all the different stories over the phone, "sorry the sales manager is not here and no one else knows how to use the vehicle tracking system":wtf: The car seems to be in la la land since 29th March as far as Im concerned...... so annoyed and fed up of phoning - never getting a call back!

I know what you mean, it is so frustrating. Yours can't take too much longer now...

JohnnyDrama

Dec 19, 2006
Lancs

Not sure if its of any help, but my FR apparently left Spain on the 30th March(so I'm guessing it was on the same boat) and arrived in Newcastle on Tuesday 10th April - it came up on the system yesterday and will be delivered to my dealer in Oldham on Tuesday for me to pick up on Wednesday

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Not sure if its of any help, but my FR apparently left Spain on the 30th March(so I'm guessing it was on the same boat) and arrived in Newcastle on Tuesday 10th April - it came up on the system yesterday and will be delivered to my dealer in Oldham on Tuesday for me to pick up on Wednesday

Thank You mate....you get more info here than from SEAT.

Unfortunately due to the wonderful way SEAT get the car to Northen Ireland, my car must then go to Birkenhead when it arrives in Newcastle to be shipped to NI and then to the dealer but next week is a possibility.

Thanks again much apprecated.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Hey Stocky, i was wondering if you had received your car yet, since you will be one of the first to get your CW Leon.

Hope it speeds up for you. No-one at my dealer is very helpful or knowledgeable about the tracking system either, I have just tried not to stress about it or think about it as much, then I wont give myself an ulcer. I am generally very impatient and they have already given me the wrong build date once, so I am taking deep breaths and thinking about other things :)

Show us pics when you get yours, I cant wait to get my CW FR either

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Thank You mate....you get more info here than from SEAT.

Unfortunately due to the wonderful way SEAT get the car to Northen Ireland, my car must then go to Birkenhead when it arrives in Newcastle to be shipped to NI and then to the dealer but next week is a possibility.

Thanks again much apprecated.

Where abouts in NI? :p When I bought my leon fr it had to come from a dealer in south england - less than a week later I had it..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members