Our EA288 2.0tdi 184PS Development thread..

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Can I ask how the box modes are adjusted?(4+1, 4+2 etc) Can this be done from inside the car or is a physical adjustment under the bonet?

snowfree52

Andrew, is the car absolutely quicker the bigger is the number adjusted on the box ? 'IE : 4+2 compared to 2+1)

Or is there a "too much is too much" ? I could test it but I imagine you'll have more experience on the subject.

Thanks

snowfree52

yes but I was talking about transmission coping with torque or simply wheelspin

snowfree52

no worries, I meant in general and was more talking about a 2WD

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Does anyone know what is the best things to do after doing a first stage remap for the 184ps leon. Ive heard exhausts is a good next step but what about if you wanted more power?

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Does anyone know what is the best things to do after doing a first stage remap for the 184ps leon. Ive heard exhausts is a good next step but what about if you wanted more power?

Stage 2 needs a downpipe, after that you're only gonna be messing with parts like air filters that don't do much, unless you change the turbo and I don't know if anyone is doing a stage 3 yet

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Stage 2 needs a downpipe, after that you're only gonna be messing with parts like air filters that don't do much, unless you change the turbo and I don't know if anyone is doing a stage 3 yet

ok nice so what kind of power will that make then? with say a hybrid turbo maybe?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.