Overheating when air con is on

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
FFS!! Bloody problem has kinda come back again!!! Argh!!!

Bah, feck!

The high speed seems to be working, but when I put the air con on the fans spin for a second and then go back off. I think the Nime controller is at fault - might take a quick look tonight at the fuses, connections etc.

dchbrown

Feb 17, 2006
South Coast
oh dont say stuff like that - i was just about the buy the NIME controller.... :cry:

Im not sure on whether to use the controller or just stomach it and replace the fans.

I know for sure that i dont want to fit external resistors, the thought of having an alu plate at 100degrees plus under the bonnet really worries me.

Its looking to me like there isnt really a permanent fix for this - its just a case of either replacing the fans every few years or having to check some extra underbonnet wiring every couple of weeks.

Choices choices :confused:

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
The other thing is cost.

I went out to check them tonight and its all working as it should which is a little strange. I tested before and after I drove to the gym (yes, I really joined a gym!) and its working absolutely fine. The only thing I can think of is that for some reason that day it was having a funny 5 mins. Although it was seriously hot!

dchbrown

Feb 17, 2006
South Coast
i guess the controller is what im going to be getting then.

Did you following the NIME instructions and mount it under the battery or connect it to the wiring from under the front of the car?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise