P0441 EVAP Emission Control System Purge Flow Fault

Feb 25, 2022
I've scowered the web for a fix but cant seem to find one.

Had the garage look at it, changed purge valve twice, no leaks in carbon canister, all vac lines in tact and seem to be fine. Literally no idea what it could be the garage think it could be electrical but I dont want to take it back to pay for something which doesn't fix it.

Any ideas anyone please?

Feb 25, 2022
I’ve checked the gas cap it was the first thing I did, no signs of damage and cleaned witg Ed-40.
Yesterday I did about 40 miles in the car and came to fill up and pressurised air came out the tank when undoing the cap, so this must be sealed but why is air coming out.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Is it not air coming in that you are hearing, if the Evap system is working, you should have a very slight vac in the tank, certainly not any pressure I think.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Just a thought, there is a "roll over" valve that stops fuel escaping from an inverted etc car, also it or elsewhere there must be a sort of "one way valve" that can be defeated by the induction vacuum when the EVAP valve is being pulsed, otherwise the system would not be able to purge the carbon cannister of fumes, maybe check that/these part/parts as they maybe one and the same item, you should be able to suck air into the purge circuit only.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.