Paddle Shift fitted to 1.6 DSG ??

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
today i sked for the paddle shift Bocanegra steering wheel = 3450 L.E= 345£ without the AIRBAG
the airbag is about 300£.
well this is too expensive, but i might save for it :)

domzy

Part Number

Hii can anyone please post the part number for the paddle shift steering wheel ? sorry if this has been covered already but i tried to search for it but to no avail

Thanks

kareemsafwat

A N I M A L
Feb 21, 2008
Egypt
Hii can anyone please post the part number for the paddle shift steering wheel ? sorry if this has been covered already but i tried to search for it but to no avail

Thanks

here you are ;)
------------------------------
Normal leather steering wheel:
6J0 419 091 M YTQ -> carbon black / gray nano -> approx € 181.00
6J0 419 091 M AVY -> black / orange -> approx € 181.00
6J0 419 091 M F0R -> black / blue -> approx € 181.00
MY 2009 to still have 4 each adapter connectors for airbag (6J0 419 121) to be used.

Sports leather steering wheel, "FR" without Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 P YTR -> carbon black -> ca € 382.00
6J0 419 091 P FE6 -> anthracite / black -> ca € 382.00
Sports leather steering wheel, "FR" with Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 Q YTR -> carbon black -> ca € 382.00
6J0 419 091 Q FE6 -> anthracite / black -> ca € 382.00
Sports leather steering wheel "CUPRA" with Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 R GCG -> soul (black) -> approx € 382.00
Sports leather steering wheel, "Bocanegra" without Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 S FE6 -> anthracite / black -> ca € 382.00
Sports leather steering wheel, "Bocanegra" with Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 T FE6 -> anthracite / black -> ca € 382.00
-----------------------------

domzy

here you are ;)
------------------------------
Normal leather steering wheel:
6J0 419 091 M YTQ -> carbon black / gray nano -> approx € 181.00
6J0 419 091 M AVY -> black / orange -> approx € 181.00
6J0 419 091 M F0R -> black / blue -> approx € 181.00
MY 2009 to still have 4 each adapter connectors for airbag (6J0 419 121) to be used.

Sports leather steering wheel, "FR" without Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 P YTR -> carbon black -> ca € 382.00
Sports leather steering wheel, "FR" with Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 Q YTR -> carbon black -> ca € 382.00
6J0 419 091 Q FE6 -> anthracite / black -> ca € 382.00
Sports leather steering wheel "CUPRA" with Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 R GCG -> soul (black) -> approx € 382.00
Sports leather steering wheel, "Bocanegra" without Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 S FE6 -> anthracite / black -> ca € 382.00
Sports leather steering wheel, "Bocanegra" with Tiptronic
6J0 419 091 T FE6 -> anthracite / black -> ca € 382.00
-----------------------------

Thanks Kareem. I really appreciate your help :D

Rene123

Don't know if it is still an option for some persons, but today I retrofitted an Bocanegra steering wheel to my 1.2TSI DSG.

I can hereby confirm that the paddles work in S/D and M settings. I am very happy now that I can override the gearbox anytime/anywhere :D

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
I wouldn't waste your money on it, they are a bit of a gimmick and you most probably won't use them.

Maybe good on a track but on the road its easier flicking the gear stick up and down if you want to use manual.

Rene123

I wouldn't waste your money on it, they are a bit of a gimmick and you most probably won't use them.

Maybe good on a track but on the road its easier flicking the gear stick up and down if you want to use manual.

You are partly right there I think. On a 1.2 tsi the power at low rev is low. I realy like it that Ii can now come out of a corner in 3th or 4th gear withouth changing to manual. Otherwise the car comes out in 4th or even 5th gear and I have to floor the pedal to get the box shifting back.

The whole rettofit costed about 170 pound, without the refund if I manage to sell the standard wheel. Say in total I get it for 125-150 pound. Well spent money in my opinion :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
You are partly right there I think. On a 1.2 tsi the power at low rev is low. I realy like it that Ii can now come out of a corner in 3th or 4th gear withouth changing to manual. Otherwise the car comes out in 4th or even 5th gear and I have to floor the pedal to get the box shifting back.

The whole rettofit costed about 170 pound, without the refund if I manage to sell the standard wheel. Say in total I get it for 125-150 pound. Well spent money in my opinion :)

Yea for that much its a nice mod and a better sportier steering wheel.

But if it comes into the multiple hundreds I wouldn't bother. :)

Rene123

Agree on that one :)

i waited 6 months to get a wheel for a decent price, no way i would have paid 300 for only a new wheel ;-)

alex13p

∫℮ª↑ ©ч‽Яд
Jan 17, 2011
Fleet, Hampshire
does the car have to be automatic or could it work on a manual, because i would b interested in doing that

I'd also be interested in this if it works in manual. I currently have the DSG in my cupra, was wondering if I could install a clutch pedal to make it manual? How much would this cost?

Also, I know this is a long shot, but if I attach office fans to my wing mirrors, will I be able to start up flight mode?

:funk:

Rene123

I'd also be interested in this if it works in manual. I currently have the DSG in my cupra, was wondering if I could install a clutch pedal to make it manual? How much would this cost?

Also, I know this is a long shot, but if I attach office fans to my wing mirrors, will I be able to start up flight mode?

:funk:

I can confirm that this works. To do so you have to release the steering wheel adjustment. Pulling it towards you will activate the flaps control.

Rene123

For the 1.2 TSI sportriders / FR DSG drivers:

You need the following parts for a retrofit:
  • Steering wheel FR / Bocanegra with pedals (make sure the steering control unit is there as well, this one is pricy) (I got a new Bocanegra wheel for 100 pounds on Ebay)
  • Airbag cable with a connector to the control unit as well
  • 1 cable approx 1,5 meter (0,75mm2)

How to:

• Disconnect the car power system by removing the key (since the airbag computer is disconnected at this stage I did not disconnect the battery to prevent faults)
  • Remove the airbag
  • Remove the handles behind the steering wheel
  • (here the VAG expert added a cable tot the central control module, I dont have exact details since this is the only thing the garage fixed)
  • Reconnect the handles
  • Change the airbag cable (wear anti static gloves)
  • Reconnect the steering wheel
  • Reconnect the airbag
  • Enable Multifunction steering wheel in VCDS

WARNING: Do never ever set the car on ingnition or ACC position when the airbag is disconnect! Only do this if you like a Christmastree of errors on the dash and in the ECU.

Steering wheel removed:

DZcY0.jpg

Handles removed:

WmVav.jpg

Results:

tdFZK.jpg

qwfwv.jpg

What works, how it works: Can override the gearbox in Both D an S options. after approx 30 seconds the gearbox retake control, or by holding + paddle you can return the control to the gearbox. Ability to shift gear from the steering wheel in M as well (offcourse).

Cost:

Approx 100 for the steering wheel
Approx 40 for the airbag cable
Approx 45 for the cabel and VCDS (I did all the other work like shifting the cable and removing parts)

May 19, 2011
off topic but just noticed your stereo, is that same as mine ? (pioneer f930bt) if so where did you put the gps module?

Rene123

off topic but just noticed your stereo, is that same as mine ? (pioneer f930bt) if so where did you put the gps module?

GPS module is placed above the dashboard compartment. But in there above the chassis. (the dealer fitted in on the chassis). Having steady 8-10 GPS satelites. (Also the dealer did not connect the speed pulse, without this one I had a very bad working system. Now it works perfectly!

May 19, 2011
mine works intermitted. what you mean by speed pulse? on the option it says 0 but has like full phone signal?

Ridz

Oct 13, 2018

• Steering wheel FR / Bocanegra with pedals (make sure the steering control unit is there as well, this one is pricy) (I got a new Bocanegra wheel for 100 pounds on Ebay)

How to:

• Disconnect the car power system by removing the key (since the airbag computer is disconnected at this stage I did not disconnect the battery to prevent faults)
  • Remove the airbag
  • (here the VAG expert added a cable tot the central control module, I dont have exact details since this is the only thing the garage fixed)
  • Reconnect the handles
  • Reconnect the airbag

WARNING: Do never ever set the car on ingnition or ACC position when the airbag is disconnect! Only do this if you like a Christmastree of errors on the dash and in the ECU.

Steering wheel removed:

DZcY0.jpg

Handles removed:

WmVav.jpg

Results:

tdFZK.jpg

qwfwv.jpg

What works, how it works: Can override the gearbox in Both D an S options. after approx 30 seconds the gearbox retake control, or by holding + paddle you can return the control to the gearbox. Ability to shift gear from the steering wheel in M as well (offcourse).

Cost:

Approx 45 for the cabel and VCDS (I did all the other work like shifting the cable and removing parts)

How to:

• Remove the airbag
  • Reconnect the handles
  • Reconnect the airbag

Steering wheel removed:

DZcY0.jpg

Handles removed:

WmVav.jpg

Results:

tdFZK.jpg

qwfwv.jpg

Cost:

Has anyone else done this that can shed some light on it.
I have a 2013 fr dsg. I have the wheel, i need to get the airbag cable bit cant figure what he means about adding a cable the central control module. Any help would be appreciated.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise