Painted Calipers

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi All,

After much debate i have painted my Calipers I thought that my car... being yellow would look spot on with yellow brake calipers but i was convinced by friends and brothers to paint them red, i hope in the next few months i will change them to bigger and better brakes anyway.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

What does everyone think??

Mr Max

never really liked red calipers unless they were genuine brembo/movit's or something equally wow, much prefer black or grey. but saying that they dont look too bad against the yellow

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
I like them.
I did mine the same colour.
My last car a Honda Civic Jordan in yellow I painted the calipers yellow and although they looked good they didn't stay that way for long.
They get very dirty.

Norrie.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
I like them.
I did mine the same colour.
My last car a Honda Civic Jordan in yellow I painted the calipers yellow and although they looked good they didn't stay that way for long.
They get very dirty.

Norrie.

thats what i was thinking yellow + brakedust = black lol

I think it looks ok shame the calipers aren't bigger but hopefully they will be soon haha

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
Always been fan of the red calipers. Going to paint mine when I get my new brakes that are on order. Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but Im thinking of painting my good lady's as well, Its a french racing blue clio 182 and was thinking of painting them blue (like the R32's brakes), opinions please.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Personally i think red would still look good on a red car but thats just my opinion. my mate has a red hyundai coupe and he has painted his calipers gold i didnt think they looked that good.

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Personally i think red would still look good on a red car but thats just my opinion. my mate has a red hyundai coupe and he has painted his calipers gold i didnt think they looked that good.
i agree the gold just isnt bold enough to stand out, looks better than just leaving them. I also also painted my calipers, Mike shall be having my 312mm disks and calipers as soon as i upgrad to a ECS stage 4 Porsche Big Brake kit.
this is mine now
25012007080.jpg

and soon to be.
Kit-Shot-255x191.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.