Painted my calipers

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
What a ******* though! I threaded the ******* locking wheel nut as some numpty did it up too tight, getting it off did this to my torque wrench

caliper2.jpg

And then i hammered my finger

caliper1.jpg

Had to resort to this to get the ******* off

caliper3.jpg

Finally all painted up

caliper4.jpg

caliper5.jpg

Last edited:

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
:lol: i fuc*ing hate doing the calipers its a real pain in the arse, but its one of them jobs that has to be done...i will get round to it one day...

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
OOUUCCHH bet that hurt mate:cry: :cry: ,calipers look cool tho:drool: .Apart from the wheel nut prob were they easy to do as i need to do mine soon,,,waitin till the summer;)

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
used hammerite, dont buy that special caliper paint, its a con, basically hammerite, hammerites heat proof too!

i just painted round the calipers, call me half job :lol: didnt have much enthusiasm though with a dripping sore finger :(

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
nice mate - I'm doing the fronts on mine (again) soon, and i might even get round to doing the rear calipers this time too!!!

Hammerite is good and cheaper too.

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
dont spose anyone got a spare wheel bolt they could send me for a couple of beer tokens have they?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
spare wheel bolt? Might have one lying around somewhere - I removed it as it was too short to bolt my alloy in place....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise