parcel shelf rattle! **fixed

Mar 25, 2009
bath
has anyone been able to find a way of stopping the parcel shelf from rattling when going over speed bumps etc?

Last edited:

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
has anyone been able to find a way of stopping the parcel shelf from rattling when going over speed bumps etc?

Dont think mine rattles... but if it did, i would get some thing single sided sticky foam to go under the thing it sits on, should damp the sound and make it a tighter fit.

Mar 25, 2009
bath
i was thinking that, also i was thinking about triange wedges, like door stops, and screwing/glueing them to the inside boot trim next to the windscreen so that when the boot is closed it pins it down...what do you think?

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
i was thinking that, also i was thinking about triange wedges, like door stops, and screwing/glueing them to the inside boot trim next to the windscreen so that when the boot is closed it pins it down...what do you think?

Anything like that, to damp it down and stop it moving. Post your solution.

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Ok been for a quick play and it totally cured, no money spent no bits added,

I took off the string hangers, twisted them to shorten them by about mmm maybe a inch, popped them back on and hey presto all fixed :)

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Yeh they are tight, I think they are holding shelf up a bit, either that or they are holding it up but the boot lid is holding it down leaving it pinned

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
You should have some rubber stops attached to the bootlid. They pin the parcel shelf in place when the boot is shut.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.