parking dinks

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
My parking priority is usually 1. Parent and child bay (sorry they chose to have children, they're not disabled). 2. Take 2 spaces. 3. Park next to a very shiny, far more expensive vehicle because they are usually looked after (never a mucky expensive vehicle though). 4. Corner/edge spot (half the risk of damage). 5. Far corner away from everyone. 6. Drop off area at supermarket (no one will park anywhere near you! only stop behind you).

Quite a twatish way to park I know, but it's me that has to pay for repairs!!

Are you my brother from another mother lol?

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Quite intresting about the lease car ratio, my Beemer is a company car, can leave it anywhere and nothing happens to it, take the leon to the paper shop and find a mark on it grrrr

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
My parking priority is usually 1. Parent and child bay (sorry they chose to have children, they're not disabled). 2. Take 2 spaces. 3. Park next to a very shiny, far more expensive vehicle because they are usually looked after (never a mucky expensive vehicle though). 4. Corner/edge spot (half the risk of damage). 5. Far corner away from everyone. 6. Drop off area at supermarket (no one will park anywhere near you! only stop behind you).

Quite a twatish way to park I know, but it's me that has to pay for repairs!!

Nothing wrong with twatish parking when its to try protect your motor

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I must be in a minority, I have a company car and get well pi55ed off if any scratches or dents appear , I know its not technically 'mine' but I consider it is 'mine' to care for whilst I have it, if you see what I mean.
Parking wise I try to park as far away as possible from any one else (in either car) and I avoid parent and child places and why? Because they will have parents and children in them. Snot nosed little ankle biters with toys, mothers with prams and trolleys and mobile phones, no ta.
No parking dinks in Leon yet touch wood, one on Passat (Asda :censored: )

Last edited:

t121anf

May 14, 2004
To those who park in parent and child bays without a child, I hope you won't mind when I spit on your car, cos it really really f**ks me off now I'm a parent.

I'll also make no effort at all to stop trolleys etc from hitting your car whilst I see to my child etc.

Personally I'd rather take a disabled space than a parent and child (when I don't have the child in the car) as most blue badge holders look like they don't need a special bay, i.e. they get a blue badge cos they are fat.

I opt for the park as far away as possible policy if on my own or pre-child, the extra walk is exercise after all.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
To those who park in parent and child bays without a child, I hope you won't mind when I spit on your car, cos it really really f**ks me off now I'm a parent.

I'll also make no effort at all to stop trolleys etc from hitting your car whilst I see to my child etc.

Personally I'd rather take a disabled space than a parent and child (when I don't have the child in the car) as most blue badge holders look like they don't need a special bay, i.e. they get a blue badge cos they are fat.

I opt for the park as far away as possible policy if on my own or pre-child, the extra walk is exercise after all.

:seatgod:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington

I don't use parent and child bays, but I think you're a ****ing hypocrite. Not all disabled ppl are fat. Some are genuinely disabled.

I'd happily spit on your car
In fact, I'd smear dog sh*t on the door handles so you and your ignorant family would have nice pooey fingers

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
ah to be fair the disabled comment was a little OTT but i can see where he is coming from

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home

I don't know which part of this statement is the worst, saying you're happy to damage another persons property because they have parked in a parent/child space without a child on board, or in the very next breath saying you'd park in a disabled space if you didn't have your child with you.

Obviously people with kids (that have them with them or not) are far more needy of a space next to the door than someone in a wheelchair :whistle:

I personally have never and will never use a disabled space or parent and child space unless I am ever in the circumstance where I am eligible to do so, hopefully I'll never find myself in either position :)

The spaces are there for a reason and it does infuriate me when I see someone use the space with no valid reason, just boils down to a lack of respect for others and being completely bone idle.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I personally have never and will never use a disabled space or parent and child space unless I am ever in the circumstance where I am eligible to do so, hopefully I'll never find myself in either position :)

The spaces are there for a reason and it does infuriate me when I see someone use the space with no valid reason, just boils down to a lack of respect for others and being completely bone idle.

This.

Nothing annoyed me more than when my ex's mum would use her husbands blue badge to park in a disabled space, despite the fact he wasn't in the car, and she is able bodied. It's wrong.

They'd also use it to get themselves free parking as well, even if he wasn't on the journey. I still don't understand why being disabled entitles you to free parking, though.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I still don't understand why being disabled entitles you to free parking, though.

Personally I feel everyone should pay for parking no exceptions, you have a car, you are taking up a space, you should pay for the time you are in that space.

Charge everybody or charge nobody.

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
I don't know which part of this statement is the worst, saying you're happy to damage another persons property because they have parked in a parent/child space without a child on board, or in the very next breath saying you'd park in a disabled space if you didn't have your child with you.

Obviously people with kids (that have them with them or not) are far more needy of a space next to the door than someone in a wheelchair :whistle:

Why should someone with a child get an extra wide space next to the door? I want one to protect my car from idiots. I'd happily take an extra wide space at the other end of the car park if they were provided. I have no problem walking, I have a problem with my car getting damaged when I go to the supermarket.

Leave the kids at home, and turn them into 'don't want my car damaged' spaces.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Why should someone with a child get an extra wide space next to the door? I want one to protect my car from idiots. I'd happily take an extra wide space at the other end of the car park if they were provided. I have no problem walking, I have a problem with my car getting damaged when I go to the supermarket.

Leave the kids at home, and turn them into 'don't want my car damaged' spaces.

I would happily walk to the end of the car park with my child for a extra wide space

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Why do children require extra wide spaces in the first place?

Well I imagine it's because parents have to have the door wide open to be able to lift children into their seat then struggle to put their seat belt on, and as well all know, standard size spaces do not allow your doors to be open fully.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Personally I feel everyone should pay for parking no exceptions, you have a car, you are taking up a space, you should pay for the time you are in that space.

Charge everybody or charge nobody.

I agree, but in the opposite sense. No one should have to pay for parking ever, we have already paid tax to be on the road and paid tax on the fuel to get there and paid tax on the products we will be buying, so to be charged to park makes me feel [:@]. This is especially true of Multistory car parks, as these now charge so much I may as well have rented a helicopter to drop me off.

My wife refuses to let me park her Alfa anywhere other than a paid for car park. I don't get this, how is that any safer than parking it on the side of the road? Multistory parking spaces are about 0.0005mm bigger than the car itself these days, no wonder everyone bashes everyone else's cars!!

I, as a rule, do not pay for parking and will walk further if it means I park for free. This policy saves me over £5 per day and helps keep me fitter. In supermarkets, I always park far away from the entrance in the quieter areas. Seems to work for me so far.

As for parking in parent and child spaces or disabled spaces, shame on you. I see why you do it, but purposely parking in close proximity to a child? You are asking for damage!!!!:p

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
Well I imagine it's because parents have to have the door wide open to be able to lift children into their seat then struggle to put their seat belt on, and as well all know, standard size spaces do not allow your doors to be open fully.

Leave the kids at home, rather than dragging them to the supermarket, annoying everyone else in the process. There never used to be parent and child spaces, and I always managed to get in the car and put my own seatbelt on..

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009

Thats it

its surprising how much extra room you need

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members