Parrot ck3100

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Heres a couple of pics. Sorry about the quality I just remembered on the way home to take some pics. :)

The screen is about as low as I can get it without it intermittently cutting out. I might try and move it down a drop more. It looks a bit wonky, but its about as straight as I could get it in the flesh.

image208dh9.jpg

image209bo8.jpg

image210fa7.jpg

I changed my bluetooth name to give you all a little smile. :)

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
LOL, very good mate! Install looks good! I dont understand why its cutting out though mate?

What I would say is that if you cut a small notch out of the Radio fascia just where the wire passes behind it then the fascia will sit much flusher. It may also be worth it as the fascia may start to cut through the wire. I cut mine using a pair of snips and if I remove the Parrot it doesnt show the notch.

Great piece of kit though!

Cheers.

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
My only concern was the cut out would be visible when I removed the parrot. If your saying it won't then I might try just a little snip. :)

Cheers

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
It's hard to describe this but on the fascia I didnt cut right up to where it bends in to meet the dash. The overhang on the dash is a good few mm more than the thickness of the cable so this hides the cut out.

Very poor explination, I know, but it's woth doing....Honest!

Cheers.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Sorry to bring up an old thread... I'm looking at getting one of these now.

The headset is a pain in the arse and I got caught on my mobile at a set of lights by the police on Friday so I think this will be a good investment.

Is eBay still the cheapest to get the CK3100... it seems to be around £60 - £70 all in? :)

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Thats a good price Chris - and I'm sure a man of your technical knowledge will have this fitted in no time! Give me a shout if u need and info on it.

Cheers.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
When I unpacked it and seen all the wires I initially thought 'God, not hardcore wiring..." but eventually got it fitted.

The interior of the Mk4 Ibiza is officially the worst interior to work with... not enough space to sit things while your working and everything is so cramped.

Got the LCD in place, the wire is fair pinched but it seems to function fine... and the mic is attached to the headlining at the top of the drivers A-Pillar.

No wires visible, connects to the phone as soon as the ignition is on and the quality on both ends is amazing. The menu system is fantastic too.

A couple of photos (Not the best) of the package I got for £62 (Came next day) and a little photo of it fitted. :)

CK3100-Packet.jpg

CK3100-Fitted.jpg

Took me an hour and a half all in, and a fair few 'F' words along the way. :)

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Good stuff mate! If you want the wire not to be pinched, you can cut a small channel out the plastic fascia on the top where it curves in to meet the grey bit of the dash. (Poor description I know!) Ths way you dont see the cut even when the wire is not there!

I'll be fitting one in the G/F's Mini in the next few weeks so more F words from me that day!

Cheers,

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.