Parts & Accessories: Honeycombe Mesh Grille

LeeCAN

Has anyone else considered this? Honeycombe Mesh Grille; Part number 6J0052535; RRP £20; "Personalise the already impressive grille of your new SEAT Ibiza with a honeycombe grille"

I was thinking of perhaps adding it to my wife's Sport - that it might look good along with the lower mesh grille.

Anyone know how this might be be fixed - I imagine it must fit behind the original factory grille?

L

Apr 9, 2009
Im thinking of having this add on as well. I've ordered the "style" gearstick which is arriving wednesday, going to get the aluminum decorative dash set so may ring the dealer up to get this installed at the same time..

Apr 9, 2009
Update: I've just ordered the aluminum dash and the honeycomb grill set. So both will arrive along side my new gearstick on Wednesday. They said it'l take no longer than half an hour to fit all three. If you want i can post some before/ after pictures when i get it done if that helps.

LeeCAN

Well done Splinter... and thanks for the pics. I agree, the Honeycombe grille looks great.

I'm definitely going to do this to my wife's sport model now, having seen yours.

Did your dealer fit this? If so, which dealer and how much did they charge?

There is a chap on eBay selling genuine Ibiza accessories (including the honeycombe grille for £15 incl. P&P) and I was thinking I could fit it myself. Apparently the part comes with full instructions.

Apr 9, 2009
Yeah my dealer fitted this for me, i wish i had asked to watch him to see how it was done to be honest. My dealer is 'Gareth Hughes motors' i doubt you've ever heard of them lol I'm currently living in south west wales. They charged me £18 to fit the gear stick and the grille. So i'm not sure how much it would be to do it by itself. They both took roughly the same amount of time to install.

I've been trying to find someone whos selling genuine ibiza accessories on eBay, only found one or two. I've ordered two parts which annoyingly got sent to my old address :( I rang the manager of my old building in Birmingham and he said he returned them to the postoffice. This was over a week and a half ago.. So looks like i'm not getting the items now..

elronzo66

SG Petch on the web supply many SEAT accessories and I bought the honeycomb grill from them.It comes with full fitting instructions (and a couple of screws) and can be fitted within ten mins.

BLACKNIGHT

AS DARK AS NIGHT
Sep 15, 2008
ards
ok guys how much for the honeycomb grill the silver surround and the gear nob then all in. Then ill see what price david can do the lot for see whos cheaper,well any takers

LeeCAN

OK. I gave in and purchased this item from a seller on eBay for £15 including postage.

Fitted it at the weekend to the wife's Sport and am pleased with the outcome. It's a subtle difference but it makes the front end look more substantial.

Fitting was a little tricky - I was worried that I was going to snap some of the original grille fixings removing it. Also, I had to form the screw holes in the original grille, using an awl tool, to fix the honeycombe grille to it. The instructions weren't too explicit but it is pretty self explanatory.

But it looks good, and I've found a number of good SEAT parts suppliers out there on the internet (thanks for the recommendations). Next is the oval SEAT Sport tailpipe finisher.

Apr 9, 2009
I ordered it personally as i hate the massive gaps between the current grille. But i do see where you're coming from lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.