Parts

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hi Guys
I'm thinking of investing in a F-ARB and a R-ARB,
Seat Sport do a F-ARB does anyone have the part number?
Are they easy to fit?

Any suggestions for a R-ARB? Are they hard to fit?

Also what are the maximum spacers you can have on the wheels without them rubbing on lowered standard wheels?

Also a PD160 intake, Does anyone have a part number? Are they hard to fit?

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Also I'm thinking about some HID's
I'm very interested in these, but ..... am I going to get caught I mean I don't have the washers to clean them and apparently that's"The Law"
Does anyone have a step by step guide to fitting them?

Who would you suggest is a good retailer, I've heard people slating Dianes ebay shop or something.
I'm not exactly rich either so the lower the price the better.
I'm thinking about 8000K but does it affect light output that much? if so I spose I'd go for 6000k

These are the HID's with ballast.

Also I'm looking for sidelights as one of mine has blown so I'm looking for some super duper bright sidelights!

Cheers

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Seat sport only do a front strut brace. Try getting a Cupra sront ARB. I have a Whiteline rear ARB (adjustable with 3 settings), from Awsome-GTI. Easy to fit too.

I have 6000k HID's and would not go any higher than that. If you fit them properly you cant tell they are HID's either ;)

Aimez

Go for the thicker Skoda Fabia ARB apparently it is a better upgrade and has better bush design or something, I'm sure someone will come along and explain! I have just bought the Whiteline rear ARB. I have 8k HIDs 4 you from ebay cost about £80 but you can get cheaper ones than that but I wouldn't go too cheap IMO. Go for 15mm to 20mm spacers on the rear that is what 99% of people on here hav on various different sized wheels.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Thank you both for the suggestions!
Skoda fabia ARB? Thats interesting! If anyone could explain further that'd be amazing but I shall certainly keep it in mind.

Aimez, Was it easy to fit the HIDS?
I'm AWEFUL at mechanics I'm a computer geek at heart so I struggled even replacing the gearknob.
I'm going to get my ole man to help me with the splitter this week, I know its going to go wrong!

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
i run 20mm rear spacers and a jabba rear ARB. really easy to fit, need axel stands, and a couple of spanners really. EASY. im running standard suspension, its a HUGE improvment, car still rolls when pushed, but can be pushed a lot faster. Its a must for safety alone :D

Aimez

Yes there is a Jabba one but it cost twice as much. I meant to say Skoda FAbia vRS ARB.
Well the instructions were good and some help on here the only thing I did wrong was drill the holes you put the bulb and wires through too large!
I am not mechanically minded I don't think? But I do as many things on my car as I can just read instructions carefully and do some research on here. I do not touch brakes or do servicing as I do not have time and am not confident enough!
Gonna have a go at fitting the Whiteline ARB tomorrow actually, have read the instructions and there is a thread on here to help. I checked all the parts were there, Whiteline sent the wrong sizes nuts so was glad I check before being stuck under the car fiitting it!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Let me know how it goes Aimez, take a few pics if you can :-D
I'll be using you for information now :)

Thanks for all your help. I'm going to look for some of the parts suggested.
Where did you get your ARBS?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise