Passenger door mirror not returning to correct position after reversing.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I remember having a similar issue with our Ibiza Cupra and / or a Golf Convertible but can't remember how to fix it, hopefully someone here has the knowledge!

The passenger mirror dips fine in reverse (set to dip in menus, control knob to L, etc.) but on moving forwards, it sometimes reverts to the wrong position, so all I can see is the sky. At other times it reverts to the correct position.

Anything I can do to persuade it to behave?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
It might be after the car is locked and the mirrors have folded - when unlocking the mirrors unfold and the left one is pointing up. Will check.

Tell

Staff member
There is a thing about the sensors in mirror motors that are suppose to return. If it's sold enabled for dipping then it should return. Some cars are sold without this enabled and if you enable it and it doesn't have the sensor it drifts out on repeated use. Ofcourse yours could be fitted with the wrong motor in it 🙄. Wrong part picked up at assembly.

There is the Don test as I call which might be applicable if you can scan it. It reveals those that aren't installed with the correct positioner. Least it did, you'd have to compare notes with someone's that works...

TÜRKEL

Apr 11, 2021
Kent
You could be right with the wrong item being picked up on assembly line (damn robots) yes the human onse they should leave it to the metal robots 🤣

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I remember having a similar issue with our Ibiza Cupra and / or a Golf Convertible but can't remember how to fix it, hopefully someone here has the knowledge!

The passenger mirror dips fine in reverse (set to dip in menus, control knob to L, etc.) but on moving forwards, it sometimes reverts to the wrong position, so all I can see is the sky. At other times it reverts to the correct position.

Anything I can do to persuade it to behave?

Don't be trying to solve problems like this yourself - it shouldn't be your issue to resolve! Get it booked in with your local dealer and let them diagnose/fix it.

TÜRKEL

Apr 11, 2021
Kent
Hi Mate,
Yes I've taken it to two dealers, the 1st said because I've had an engine, gearbox remap that's what caused it (yes I know) the 2nd had it a day relaying back and forth with Germany they advised to change the osf door lock which they did under warranty, still not working so came back with "vehicle has multifunction camera therefore mirror tilt not possible" although other vehicles with same set up works fine

Tell

Staff member
Don't be trying to solve problems like this yourself - it shouldn't be your issue to resolve! Get it booked in with your local dealer and let them diagnose/fix it.
Well his vehicle is one of the ones sold without this being enabled. A dealer may throw their hands up. Possibly / Probably the coding wasn't done right or adjustment to do it. I offered the Ateca coding thread.

Where they were sold without this facility they may not have the correct sensing motor in them to position back up accurately.

Reactions: /dev/null

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Well his vehicle is one of the ones sold without his he had to enable it. A dealer may throw their hands up. Possibly / Probably the coding wasn't done right or adjustment to do it. I offered the Ateca coding thread.

Where they were sold without this facility they may not have the correct sensing motor in them to position back up accurately.
Sorry, missed that - I thought it was a standard feature.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Hi Mate,
Yes I've taken it to two dealers, the 1st said because I've had an engine, gearbox remap that's what caused it (yes I know) the 2nd had it a day relaying back and forth with Germany they advised to change the osf door lock which they did under warranty, still not working so came back with "vehicle has multifunction camera therefore mirror tilt not possible" although other vehicles with same set up works fine
😂 Engine/gearbox remap causing the mirror to not tilt properly?

If it's a feature you've enabled then I guess their standpoint on not being supported is fair enough, or at least difficult to argue unfortunately.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise