Passenger lock

EKE Ibiza

Jul 10, 2009
Devon
www.art-graphy.co.uk
I've had a search but can't find my exact problem/s

I have a 5 door 2000 cool/s, since i bought my car earlier this year my front passenger door won't unlock/lock with the central locking (the boot and the rest of the doors will). This wasn't a major issue for me because i just pulled the pin up but now that is now getting very stiff. I'm thinking about taking the interior trim off and having a look but don't have a clue what to look for. How can i solve this?

Also I have zero radio reception, i've taken out the radio/tape to see if a wire was out but i'm not sure which wire is the aerial. Apparently an VAG aerial booster will solve this but where does it plug in?

EKE Ibiza

Jul 10, 2009
Devon
www.art-graphy.co.uk
Cheers,

Took off the door panel and after a solid hour of trying to get the mechanism out it started to rain, of course then the door doesn't shut so i've had to put the lock back in so i can shut it. The mechanism itself moves a bit when locking/unlocking however and makes a sound. Once its stopped raining i'm going to take it off and try again. Hoping its a simple WD40 job.

Starting to think the garage i bought it from in Leeds was rather LAZY! Told them to fix it and they just replied "oh we tried but couldn't." By the looks of it they never did, simply just torn that white foam.

EKE Ibiza

Jul 10, 2009
Devon
www.art-graphy.co.uk
just went out because it had stopped raining only to find that i can't actually open that door at all now. Of course to close the door i had to put the mechanism back (using just on screw) in so the door would catch I cant open it using the handles. Have i completely buggered it up?

EDIT*

I have actually fixed my central locking *touch wood* so i now have 4 working doors for the very first time!! Only taken me the best part of 5hours!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.