Passenger side door sitting low

mark.r.cullen

Both doors needed the guide (not sure what it's called... black bar) bolts tightening up as they were a bit loose and were causing a clunk noise. That was one problem solved :)

However, I have noticed the passenger side door looks to be sitting low. When you go to close the door it rubs and has to lift itself up on the catch. You can lift the door by the handle and see that the door is actually moving up and down a fair amount.

The bottom door pin has a small bolt with a plastic cap, and this was loose to the point where this bolt was about to fall out. I have tightened this up as much as I can, but you can still see this door pin wobbling about when shutting / opening the door.

Is this just a simple case of a new door pin?? Hopefully? :(

foto2021

May 2, 2011
Buckinghamshire
Both doors needed the guide (not sure what it's called... black bar) bolts tightening up as they were a bit loose and were causing a clunk noise. That was one problem solved :)

However, I have noticed the passenger side door looks to be sitting low. When you go to close the door it rubs and has to lift itself up on the catch. You can lift the door by the handle and see that the door is actually moving up and down a fair amount.

The bottom door pin has a small bolt with a plastic cap, and this was loose to the point where this bolt was about to fall out. I have tightened this up as much as I can, but you can still see this door pin wobbling about when shutting / opening the door.

Is this just a simple case of a new door pin?? Hopefully? :(

If you can get the old pin out to have a look at it, see if it is worn and/or distorted. If so, a new pin could cure the problem.

If the pin is straight and undistorted, you are more likely to need a new hinge assembly including pin.

mark.r.cullen

Thanks chaps. The doors are indeed heavy - massive compared to the doors on my Furby!

I'll see if I can get the pin out and check. Presuming the pin just pulls out?

Hopefully get some pictures of the beast up soon too. It's currently been washed and clayed and is sitting ready for a good old polish up.

Last edited by a moderator:

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
It might be easier to just replace the hinges - all mine have been changed, cost about £8-10 per hinge (it's been a while, can't remember exact prices plus I'm adjusting for inflation..!) plus a can of spray paint to match the car.

mark.r.cullen

It might be easier to just replace the hinges - all mine have been changed, cost about £8-10 per hinge (it's been a while, can't remember exact prices plus I'm adjusting for inflation..!) plus a can of spray paint to match the car.

Cool - sorted the problem for you I take it?

I have ordered a hinge in. It's about £8, so not bad at all really. Not sure I am overly fussed about having it sprayed the same colour at this point to be honest :)

Attacked the bonnet with polish yesterday, taking ages though. From a distance it looks alright, but get closer and it's a bit of a state. Major swirls, bird poo splat marks and a fair few deeper scratches. Still, the bonnet is looking much better already. Need new pads, so hopefully continue Wednesday.

I so should have taken a before / after picture. Doh!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise