Status
Not open for further replies.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nicely done

But will you get it on the trailer with that?

EDIT - yes. I was being thick

Last edited:

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
Haha - tiltbed trailer.....once the front wheels are on, the rest will follow (and why the front splitter is on hydraulics......) Unlike one with ramps where the car has to go over a transition, and where it would ground out for sure

But they will come on and off in 2 mins anyhow - 6 screws each side

Last edited:

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
Got a price from local car wrappers to do a vinyl job on my grill - center section and lights in black - guesses how much? for three smallish pieces of black vinyl....

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
Get this......£100+ vat.....

Comedians. Thought that if it was cheap enough, might get them to do it toget a nice job, but at that price i'll have ago myself.

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
Rob, could put you in touch with an old friend of mine, he does car wrapping and window tinting etc could get a price off him.....?

Tom

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
Sound, id pay £40 tops have it done properly but thats all its worth to me. If your mate is interested then send his details over. Thanks.

Otherwise i'll give it a go myself with Dave's generously donated vinyl, but i amconcerned it will crease and just look a bit shi*t (nowt to do with your vinyl D, just my inability to fit it round curved surfaces.....)

Last edited:

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
Sound, id pay £40 tops have it done properly but thats all its worth to me. If your mate is interested then send his details over. Thanks.

Otherwise i'll give it a go myself with Dave's generously donated vinyl, but i amconcerned it will crease and just look a bit shi*t (nowt to do with your vinyl D, just my inability to fit it round curved surfaces.....)

Ok, so its that little rectangle piece below your reg plate, and the 2 lights you want wrapping?gloss black or matt ?

Tom

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
Glue dried overnight, quick trim, and fit.

sill2.jpg

Well chuffed :funk: Lightweight, plenty strong/stiff enough to deflect air, but sufficiently flexible to take a few knocks if it gets them (and why I didn't use aluminium....)

Needs a piece on the end though to deflect air around the front of the back tyre. Next job. Finish other side today.

@Tom - the lights and the center 'mouth' of the grill, the bit where there is usually a big 'S' in the middle. Gloss black.

Cheers

Rob

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
you'll be looking too professional soon!

another home-fabed aero special
Japfest2Wayne1.jpg

stripped out, Hayabusa, plywood etc.
passed the old Halfords BTCC cars @ donington at Japfest2

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
That was in Practical Performance Car not long ago, fantastic bit of kit that i think they banned as it was too fast.....lots of formula car bits including suspension, very very trick under the skin. Love it.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Visit site
Got the second sill nearly finished today but chickened out early as it was so damn cold. Nearly there though.

Got some bits this morning for extending the front splitter down to 50mm also, to match the side skirts. Extension piece will be removable to aid transport but easily fitted with 6 socket caps. Gonna be well low [B)] and hopefully slippery through the air. Will be interesting to test whether 120mm off the deck or 50mm off the deck is best - extension bits are cheap so could make several versions of different heights....

The idea with the splitter and the side skirts is to stop air going under the car to reduce lift and drag - well thats the idea anyhow.

Picking a complete Mk3 Ibiza 1.8 turbo rear beam up tomorrow also - another project to start to make the rear end use uber-lightweight motorbike disks and calipers - dont need a handbrake anymore y'see!

Ave it

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise