Pauls candy white leon pd170 btcc now dpf deleted and mapped - now for sale

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Been a bit quiet on the update front as i've haven't done much

ordered 3 goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2s as i had a puncture on a rear and need 2 fronts as my dunlop sport maxx rts have nearly had it

Got a few things lined up, had a few things delievered this week, got some 15mm spacers and bolts for the rear wheels, pagid and brembo pads for my r32 conversion and some plastic dip in preparation of my triple r diffuser fins turning up so i can make a custom diffuser

RL=http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/paul_zx6r/media/leon/20140319_200508.jpg.html]
20140319_200508.jpg

Should have a few more things turning up this week like braided hoses and a few tools for the brake conversion

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Fitted my 15mm rear spacers today

before

after

also had one eagle f1 fitted as I've still got around 5mm left on the fronts so will last a few more weeks, also gave the car a good clean, the fk1000 and hd wax are holding up well.

shaunr

Mar 4, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
your car looks very tasty mate like all the mods you are doing :) Thinking of getting mine booked in for a remap and DPF delete. did it go through the mot fine ?

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
your car looks very tasty mate like all the mods you are doing :) Thinking of getting mine booked in for a remap and DPF delete. did it go through the mot fine ?

Thanks mate, it went through the mot last year but that's before these new rules came in, I've got an mot next month but I can't see why it wouldn't go through as they can't see the dpf has been gutted from the underneath.

ordered a super pro anti lift kit, will get this fitted along with the front arb and geometry set up at the same time

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Looks great with the spacers! defiantly need to get some sorted for mine. U got a rear arb as well Paul?

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Looks great with the spacers! defiantly need to get some sorted for mine. U got a rear arb as well Paul?

Thanks bud, I'm gonna try the spacers on the front at some point to see if I can get away with 15mm rather than 10mm.

yeah I've got an autotech rear arb set of the stiffest setting, great mod and tightens the rear end up nicely.

Last edited:

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Thanks bud, I'm gonna try the spacers on the front at some point to see if I can get away with 15mm rather than 10mm.

yeah I've got an autotech rear arb set of the stiffest setting, great mod and tightens the rear end up nicely.

Not sure what size width alloys your running, but my new alloys are 8 x 18" with a standard offset of E.T40 my fronts have 10mm spaces on so final E.T is 30 my alloys are near as makes no difference flush with the front arches....if your on 8J or Wider I'd say dont go above 10mm spacers up front...my 15mm out back give me a rear Final E.T of 25 & THERE again flush with the rear arches...

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Not sure what size width alloys your running, but my new alloys are 8 x 18" with a standard offset of E.T40 my fronts have 10mm spaces on so final E.T is 30 my alloys are near as makes no difference flush with the front arches....if your on 8J or Wider I'd say dont go above 10mm spacers up front...my 15mm out back give me a rear Final E.T of 25 & THERE again flush with the rear arches...

To be honset mate, I have no clue about et sizes

I wouldn't want to go anymore than 15mm on the back, so maybe it will be just 10mm for the front.

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge

few more bits turned up in the last week, braided hoses, bleed kit and some diffuser fins, their definitely gonna need some re shaping to get a nice flush fit

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Had the Goodyear f1s fitted on the front saturday then took the car for an mot this morning, it flew straight through :)

Will hopefully be fitting the r32 brakes this weekend.

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Yesterday I fitted my r32 brakes

Front

Rear

Took ages and euro car parts sent me the wrong front pads so luckily I kept the ones I got with the calipers, I exchanged them today so will be swapping them tomorrow along with a re bleed as they still feel really spongy

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Small update on the brakes, I had to take the car into a garage as I couldn't get a "brake pedal" I thought there was still air in the system that I couldn't get out, the garage thought the same and turned on the abs module for a bleed and .......................................... they got no air in the system.

next stage was to change the master cylinder, they said theres more brake feel but still not right so today they are sending the abs pump off for inspection, this is turning out to be a very expensive brake kit.

I could have got an AKS BBK for the price this is going to cost me.

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
I have to leon back now, brakes fully working :D just need to bed the brake pads in

yesterday i took all the wheels off, cleaned the calipers and wheels up and resealed with fk1000 wax, plus a full clean of the car icluding claying and waxed with auto glym hd wax.

I've sold the super pro anti lift kit and front arb and after having a spirted drive at the weekend and still really impressed how well the car handles so will not be purchasing them again.

Next jobs are to make the custom rear diffuser ( would have done this by now if the car wasn't in the garage for 5 weeks), front bumper respray and refurb the alloys ( think i'm going to stick with gloss black)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.