PD170 EGR Delete

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Right people

Eventually i had planned to get a EGR delete but since having my DPF Removed and 234 horses the car has been spluttering etc on acceleration and JBS seem to think its a sticky EGR Valve so first of all has anybody removed there EGR on a PD170 and if so where did you get the Bypass pipe? was it an allard one or Custom made?

Secondly is the PD170 EGR same as PD140's?

im probably going to see Andy @ PSI Tuning (My local tuning company)on tuesday as he fabricates exhausts etc and said he could fabricate a EGR Delete for my old 1.4TDi so im hopeing he can do one just depends on price

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Right people

Eventually i had planned to get a EGR delete but since having my DPF Removed and 234 horses the car has been spluttering etc on acceleration and JBS seem to think its a sticky EGR Valve so first of all has anybody removed there EGR on a PD170 and if so where did you get the Bypass pipe? was it an allard one or Custom made?

Secondly is the PD170 EGR same as PD140's?

im probably going to see Andy @ PSI Tuning (My local tuning company)on tuesday as he fabricates exhausts etc and said he could fabricate a EGR Delete for my old 1.4TDi so im hopeing he can do one just depends on price

Have you tried cleaning the EGR first? It might be clogged up and a good clean might help things until you get your delete pipe.
Alex

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Nope lol it shouldn't be blocked up after 16k tho surely

Other thing is i carn't see it! its not like my old ibiza one where EGR was sitting on top

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Nope lol it shouldn't be blocked up after 16k tho surely

Other thing is i carn't see it! its not like my old ibiza one where EGR was sitting on top

Well you never know until you check it.
The EGR for the PD140 is at the front of the engine (nearest the bumper) Not sure about the PD170 but it might be in the same place??
Alex

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Well you never know until you check it.
The EGR for the PD140 is at the front of the engine (nearest the bumper) Not sure about the PD170 but it might be in the same place??
Alex

just posted an engine bay pic on me profile have a look if its same mate,

edit- ive just realised you carnt see engine cover is in the way il go have a look

Last edited:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
just posted an engine bay pic on me profile have a look if its same mate,

edit- ive just realised you carnt see engine cover is in the way il go have a look

On the 2nd last pic there is a silver bit that sticks out from behind the engine cover. That is location of the EGR on the PD140 and it kind of looks similar on the PD170.
Alex

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Alex this is what mine looks like

4c408c75.jpg

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Allard do two types for the 170 one with electrics @ £68.00 and one without @£57.00- for the track ,but it could be used on the road. ...........................

tell me more....

if i was to fit the one without at 57 would i simply need it mapping out?

ive also noticed in your signature youve got gasstruts are these on the bonnet? Any pics or info?

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
tell me more....

if i was to fit the one without at 57 would i simply need it mapping out?

ive also noticed in your signature youve got gasstruts are these on the bonnet? Any pics or info?

Try this site www.egrvalve.co.uk The Roadsport version you may have a lamp intermittently come on but you can alter the function of EGR via Vagcom or a mapper can remove the ability completely. The gas struts I did some years ago copied it from a Racing SEAT pic that had the bonnet up!! give me your pm and I will email the pics got the struts from a breakers £10.0 the pair. My biggest worry is that the bonnet is NOT very strong and I had to renforce at one end!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.