People that fixed the snapped clutch pedal themselves... HELP ME!!!

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
As you may have seen from the end if this sticky thread here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104049 my cluch pedal snapped yesterday :(

Anyway i see that quite a few of you have removed the pedal and had this welded before refitting yourselves..

Well this is what i have done but now i am having a problem re-fitting the pedal :(

Basically... I dont know where this is supposed to go :cry:

P1010049-vi.jpg

P1010050-vi.jpg

Its probably pretty obvious but it just fell out when i was pushing the rod over so i could slide the pedal off.... I cant see where it goes though :(

Can anyone please please help ? If i can fit this back myself the whole issue will have cost me nothing :)

Cheers
Dan

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
U might wanna get a new one cause when mine broke i put a new one in a the pedal felt loads smoother. It sits between the pedal and the firewall if u get me.

R953 VSE

it doesn't look broken so i wouldn't bother getting a new one.

as above it basically just sits between the pedal and the car, if you have a look around you should see where its supposed to go at the top of the pedal.

its a pig to refit as it needs to be fairly compressed to slip back in. i tightened a tie wrap round it to compress it but it was still a pain to fit.

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
putting the spring back is possibly the hardest part of the job but if your very carefull you can locate where the spring fits in the fire wall then pull the clutch pedal forward (upwards)just enough to get the spring to fit the clutch pedal ive done three pedals upto now and seems to work all the same

simontrueman

struggling with that spring on mine same thing happened the other day, thanks for great advice everyone on this site. struggling with spring when you say firewall im confused! on mine cupra its looks like it locates onto a metal plate with an indent it, am i looking at it wrong thanks for any help

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
sounds about right to me.. the picture above should help quite a bit..

I ended up taking mine to my local mechanic mate to sort while i was at work.. apparently took him about an hour and half and lots of swearing to get the spring back in lol

23mjh

Jan 14, 2007
cardiff
simon that sounds right to me i put mine in da bin cos i snapped it in a vise dont know if this is a good idea tho but its been months now n my clutch is really light without it:confused:

simontrueman

thanks guys got it located this lunchtime, used 3 zip ties stood on spring to compress & pulled spring tight with pliers, then once tight cut one tie off and with lots of swearing & dropping spring on face etc (awkward job though access differcult) eventually got in place, stiff neck now. Its better with the spring in tightens up clutch stops it moving side to side, more positiveANYONE WHO HAS TO PUT CLUTCH TO FLOOR CHECK UNDER STEERING COLUMN might break in a bad spot, like mine on a long holiday in france still in the end 10 euros for the welder, buys him 2 beers, im driving & smiling again - back in business!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise