Permanently disable stop/start system

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
Hi

I know there was another thread on here some time back asking whether the stop/start system can be permanently disabled rather than having to switch the off button every time the car is started - but that turned into a long debate about different driving styles and why some people like the stop/start system and others don't.

Please, all I want to know is if anyone is aware of whether/how this can be disabled permanently, rather than get into a debate as to why the question's being asked.

Thank you all.

cptSparko

Apr 11, 2014
Nah, that is just lateral thinking. Any half-decent software engineer would think of the variables ;)

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
you have to KNOW what those variables are (call it XX for argument), then find a level that is never going to be achieved (YY) and set start/stop to only operate if XX=>YY surely?

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
you have to KNOW what those variables are (call it XX for argument), then find a level that is never going to be achieved (YY) and set start/stop to only operate if XX=>YY surely?

If you set YY high enough it doesn't really matter what XX is unless you drive to the sun where it's a tad hotter.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
I have disabled it on my 280.
Next to that, I drive a lot on German motorways, the turbo thanks me for that although it is watercooled.
Feels simply nasty after pushing it on first stop the engine is killed.
Treat the mechanics with respect and it will repay you for sure.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh there is a button to turn it off but it turns back on straight away when you restart ignition.

EoinM

Has anyone noticed the button lights up if you press it when the car is turned off? Got me wondering if there's a secret button combo to do it!

My MY14 FR184 didn't take the temperature change when I tried.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members