Petes banana boat progress.k04 build. LCr3"downpipe&decat and forge actuator PICS

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
:) thats great bill , would it be checky asking for dimensions on that mani

it would yes..
scale them off the dwg.
I did not take dims and its on an S3 currently..

S3 is back in for another hybrid this week & largeport head so I will see how its fared. It was going up and down the strip at inters a lot on saturday.. lol, well tested.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Your prototype has got a lot of potential Bill, do you have any plans to mass produce them the same as the 3 inch tip or is it only experimental at this time.

Its a royal PIA to make = labour intensive..
I have parts to make a couple of others but not time to do so.. and its not going to be cheap as its time consuming.
I throw out the design out there tho so someone migth want to make em - i just dont have time to currently

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Pete why not get the standard one bored out? that seems to work with good results

There isnt enough material to safely bore them out, and its a nightmare to get down the runners. I was going to port my standard one and gave up. Ended up buying dannys INA mani.

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
small update

having spoken to revo again , it seems they can indeed make a map to suit my specification of k04 conversion while the figures they quoted are a bit on low side i'm quietly optimistic , they reckon car will make 250bhp and around 280ft/lbs safely at a cost of only £200 :) wow thats amazing and it seems i won't need egt sensor after all but will be getting a egt gauge to keep and eye on things but at what temperature should i be worried ?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
small update

having spoken to revo again , it seems they can indeed make a map to suit my specification of k04 conversion while the figures they quoted are a bit on low side i'm quietly optimistic , they reckon car will make 250bhp and around 280ft/lbs safely at a cost of only £200 :) wow thats amazing and it seems i won't need egt sensor after all but will be getting a egt gauge to keep and eye on things but at what temperature should i be worried ?
Will you have to drive to them. (HQ)

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
they said i can take it back aldon , and they would correspond with aldon on what to do , but i would prefer to take it to hq in 2 mines , because aldon is 5 miles from me and revo hq alot more lol

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
MAJOR UPDATE

well i have mixed emotions now , just had a call from the MRS pete that we are having a baby :) , she now 2 months gone which will be our 2nd child but now she thinks i need to sell the cupra :( , the gutting thing i'm almost near the end now got all the bits ready to go for the k04 conversion , what to do i dont no what my car is worth :confused: advice would be great guys

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
My misses said the Same...i have 2 kids my own house and getting married next year...she wanted me to get rid off the R...i said she"l go before my baby R does....

She now understands were abouts on the food chain she is...poor lass..

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Keep the Leon!! A friend of mine has a family that he runs about in a Mk4 Golf which is practically the same thing and he has no problems. His car is lowered and runs 10" wide rims on the back lol. Gets all the baby paraphenalia in the boot nicely.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Good news mate! i'm happy for you, i'm sure you'll be able to convince the mrs to keep the cupra, after all it is 4 doors, big boot, gas converted ;) .......

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Just out of interest, did you really expect the users of a Seat forum to suggest you get rid? :p

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
lol cheers guys thanks for al the advice i managed to convinced her that the last thing i do is this k04 conversion , think her issue was i change my mind all the time always want to to do more , but will be finishing it before any thoughts of getting rid of it , the winning argument was gas converted £15 now gets me 130-150 miles round town slighter better with the remap

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
My misses said the Same...i have 2 kids my own house and getting married next year...she wanted me to get rid off the R...i said she"l go before my baby R does....

She now understands were abouts on the food chain she is...poor lass..

lolol :lol:

Keep the Leon!! A friend of mine has a family that he runs about in a Mk4 Golf which is practically the same thing and he has no problems. His car is lowered and runs 10" wide rims on the back lol. Gets all the baby paraphenalia in the boot nicely.

indeed it does will be removing backbox now and replacing it with a bigger one for quieter driver she already complaining it's too loud lol
deffo keep it.... as 2nd car!

already is mate got toyota yaris 1.4 d4d (mrs pete's car) and honda civic 2.2 cdti company car
Just out of interest, did you really expect the users of a Seat forum to suggest you get rid? :p

now i think about no :cartman:

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
MAJOR UPDATE

3" downpipe and decat and k04 actuator as arrived :)(cheers dannny :)) , only thing left is filter, will be posting picks up soon as i sold my iphone and have nothing to take picks with now ,

car is now booked in at the end of the month at radtec for bigger intercooler , still in two minds whether to get water/meth pros and cons guys ?

so by the end of august should all fitted and mapped :) seems ages away though

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Coming along, get your self a camera we need pics!
as for water meth..
pros-
Reduces EGT's (BIG problem with k04's)
Cooler intake temps = more timeing = more power

cons-
none really, make sure you dont run out of meth as it will have a load of additional timing dialed in and the ecu will struggle to pull it all out.
The aem kit comes with a warning light when the bottle is getting empty.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.