Pete's Copper Cupra Build/Rebuild Thread! RIP, now in the scrappy in the sky :(

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
why bother?
better pads/discs will do the job just as well

i would like the best braking behind the 16s as i have some big plans for the engine(got a guy whose developing a rotrex charger kit) and 260BHP is the estimated figure so i want as big a brake as possible.

so i ask again can i fit Cupra R ibiza brakes on under 16s?:confused:

Ieuan-J

Jan 8, 2010
South Wales
i would like the best braking behind the 16s as i have some big plans for the engine(got a guy whose developing a rotrex charger kit) and 260BHP is the estimated figure so i want as big a brake as possible.

so i ask again can i fit Cupra R ibiza brakes on under 16s?:confused:

leons are 5x100 pcd so you will have 5 studs not 4, there fore you will have to change your wheels to 5 studs, so if your going to put leon brakes on you may aswell get leon wheels too...

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
leons are 5x100 pcd so you will have 5 studs not 4, there fore you will have to change your wheels to 5 studs, so if your going to put leon brakes on you may aswell get leon wheels too...

wanna keep the 4 studs. going to try and get some cupra R brakes BUT its going to be a pain as theres not many of em in the country!

i have a few more thoughts :
MK4 golf aniversary brakes?
VRS octavia brakes?
i feel these are both 5 studders tho :cry:
might just have to bite the bullet and get some 5 stud hubs, wheels,brakes etc [:@]

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
have a look at dinky dave`s thread as he has got brembo`s on his. there are afew others who have done it but his stick in my mind because i had the pleasure of a spin in it (passenger). the car/driver/brakes worked very brilliantly together + my hand print is still embedded on the roll cage lol. as for the brembo`s,. . . fantastic!!!

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
have a look at dinky dave`s thread as he has got brembo`s on his. there are afew others who have done it but his stick in my mind because i had the pleasure of a spin in it (passenger). the car/driver/brakes worked very brilliantly together + my hand print is still embedded on the roll cage lol. as for the brembo`s,. . . fantastic!!!

coolio what car did he get em off or where they a custom one off??

plans after brakes are:
suspension? are we all in agreement that the TA-technics are good coil-overs?

poly bushes to stiffen the handling

strut braces front, back, upper, lower,

thicker ARB's (what can get these off or do i need to go H&R or something?)

re doe my wheels in anthracite with copper lips

then engine service
samco hoses
polished inlet mani
exsaust system
cam
badger 5 bodies
head work
high comp pistons
racing rad
clean engine bay up a bit

then hids in dip, and fog

any other suggestions?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
hottuning is where its at mate, they are TA-Technix (or Tech Art which is was TA stands for, another name they use)
if you email [email protected] say your off SCN and suj sent you, ask whats best price delivered :)

brakes: you will struggle to get a pair from a mk3 Ibiza Cupra R, and if you do, will be expensive, try some aftermarket ones like Tarox 4 pots or something?

regarding ARB's, read "Jenk" his readers ride, he has some ones, and he loves them (or PM him)

regarding TB's, you will need cams, headwork custom exhaust mani, stand alone management, not cheap at all tbh, but well worth it!

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
hottuning is where its at mate, they are TA-Technix (or Tech Art which is was TA stands for, another name they use)
if you email [email protected] say your off SCN and suj sent you, ask whats best price delivered :)

brakes: you will struggle to get a pair from a mk3 Ibiza Cupra R, and if you do, will be expensive, try some aftermarket ones like Tarox 4 pots or something?

regarding ARB's, read "Jenk" his readers ride, he has some ones, and he loves them (or PM him)

regarding TB's, you will need cams, headwork custom exhaust mani, stand alone management, not cheap at all tbh, but well worth it!

ive heard the 1.8 heads flow better off the mk 2 golfs!? is this true?

badger 5 quoted 2560 with standalone management for ITBs
havent thought about a cam really

power im after is about 250ish i know i can get 200 with cams head work and cam, but id rather be NA then FI, charging would be nice but its even more hassle!

what about pistons anyone got uprated ones? want some bum cheek high comp pistons!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I doubt you'd get 250bhp from TB's
And 200bhp from cams/headwork I doubt too, would have to have some stupid hi-lift cams

Look at "dinky dave" and "f2 stu" on here, they both have TB's and are running about 220bhp

Dave had just cams before, cannot remember the figure, think it was like 175-185bhp

For that power you can shove in a 20vt and put like a k04 or a k03s hybrid turbo
For the same price mate, but if you really want to go the NA route then fair enough

Not trying to put a downer on your car, just telling ya the truth, a lot of people want to do what stu/dave have done, but then give up cos of the costs/hassle

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
I doubt you'd get 250bhp from TB's
And 200bhp from cams/headwork I doubt too, would have to have some stupid hi-lift cams

Look at "dinky dave" and "f2 stu" on here, they both have TB's and are running about 220bhp

Dave had just cams before, cannot remember the figure, think it was like 175-185bhp

For that power you can shove in a 20vt and put like a k04 or a k03s hybrid turbo
For the same price mate, but if you really want to go the NA route then fair enough

Not trying to put a downer on your car, just telling ya the truth, a lot of people want to do what stu/dave have done, but then give up cos of the costs/hassle

friend of mine has an abf powered mk3 golf with a 1.8head that's been ported and polished with a lairy cam and ITBs and he pushed 205 on the rollers

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah but you said without ITB's 200bhp

i know i can get 200 with cams head work and cam, but id rather be NA then FI, charging would be nice but its even more hassle!

with ITB's that might be possible, why would you want to put a 1.8 KR head on an ABF?
just get some head work, and you'll be happy

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
yeah i spose :) kept up with a mk4 gti yesterday :) was relatively happy but it needs more power!!!!

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Ditch some weight and sort the handling out, straight lines are boring ;)

exactly why i bought the car :) had a bmw before and it wasnt as fun around corners

NEW PLAN BIKE THROTTLE BODIES!

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
wanna keep the 4 studs. going to try and get some cupra R brakes BUT its going to be a pain as theres not many of em in the country!

i have a few more thoughts :
MK4 golf aniversary brakes?
VRS octavia brakes?
i feel these are both 5 studders tho :cry:
might just have to bite the bullet and get some 5 stud hubs, wheels,brakes etc [:@]

Just keep an eye out on here and VW forums, Ibiza brembos come up all the time ( people also bought aftermarket brembo kits too ), and sometimes on ebay.

Another option is 312mm TT/Leon Cupra brakes. The carriers need machining to remove about 6mm IIRC, and you need to get the discs re-drilled to 4x100 but they work. Do a search for them and you'll find a few threads on that.

Personally I went crazy, I converted to 5x100 and fitted LCR brembos :whistle:

Pete

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.