PIAA Led sidelight kit

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Ordered a set of these. Not the best value for money but look much better than the yellow candles I have at the minute.

Has anyone fitted these? Is it a straightforward job?

Thanks

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Plug and play. Only slightly difficult bit is getting them to fit as they're marginally bigger, but that's it.

Poverty

where did you order them from mate? I cant find any retailers that sell em.

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
:)Hi guys have the piaa side lights and think they r superb no probs at all, yes not cheap but they look brill and plug n play:p

Mr Diet

Jul 14, 2008
P1040171.jpg

Simples....

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
P1040171.jpg

Simples....

don't the bulbs from http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ultimate-...c920e276ca8287

give you dash light error? on the site it did not state any info about this? although these bulbs are alot cheaper than the piaa ones and they look alot better than XE's...

edit...notice "WARNING Because the bulbs are Metal please make sure you do not push the bulb to far into the holder as this can cause your Fuse to blow." ....hmm not too keen on thise either

warren_cox

Back from the dead
don't the bulbs from http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ultimate-...c920e276ca8287

give you dash light error? on the site it did not state any info about this? although these bulbs are alot cheaper than the piaa ones and they look alot better than XE's...

edit...notice "WARNING Because the bulbs are Metal please make sure you do not push the bulb to far into the holder as this can cause your Fuse to blow." ....hmm not too keen on thise either

I think someone came up with a resistor fix for this as when using LED's the ECU saw low voltage and assumed bulb had blown.

I want some blue bulbs but do feel for the hideous expense the money would be better put to 'proper' performance mods.

Mr Diet

Jul 14, 2008
I haven't had a problem with the Ultraleds.
Also, I seem to remember waiting an absolute eternity for the PIAA bulbs, I mean weeks and I paid for the supposidly speedy service.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Can't remember how far but one side fitted more snug that the other. You only need to push it as far as the LED part becomes visible fully from the front.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.