Picked up LCR - just noticed both headlight lenses are cracked!

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
Just picked up my LCR from the local SEAT dealer and when I got home I noticed that both of the headlight lenses have cracks in them. One side has a crack on the bottom ridge and the other has multiple vertical cracks. I presume if left the way it is, the headlamps will eventually steam up? will i be unreasonable to ask the dealer to replace them? Normally how much do these lenses cost and do they only come as part of the whole headlamp unit?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Difficult and expensive one you have there.
Bet the saleman was doing back flips when you drove away without noticing this. You might have to change these at your cost as once you drive away you have little come back.
Second hand or David at Seremotors (forum sponsor) is your best bet

paulrushton

Apr 5, 2009
Hi mate wherweabouts are you. I was thinking of changing mine to Angel eye lights and could do a good price on two replacements if the garage wont play. I'm in huddersfield if thats anywhere near you.
But i'd go back first and complain, my worries would be how the damage was caused to both. Could it have had a front ender maybe??? It's also bumpoer off job to replace them so not a straight ten minute job. Good luck!

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
well i called the dealer today and his first response was that it passed the MOT so it should be ok. Then I said I've had problems in the past with cracked headlamps steaming up and he said he'll need to speak to the aftersale manager tommorow. Think i'm in for a bit of a fight on this.

Paul, I've sent you a PM regarding your headlamps. Yeah, I was suspicous why both of them were cracked. Hope its not been crashed and repaired as the car does seem to be in good condition overall.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members