Picked up my new FR TDI today

~craig~

Apr 15, 2007
Brighton
Well the day has finally come and I picked up my new car :D

Red FR TDI with 18"'s, Bluetooth & silver trim kit.

I'm loving it but it's a bit of a culture shock coming from a 1.4 rover 200 :blink:

One think I've noticed tonight though is that the "Exaust Emission Warning Light" is on when the ignition is on (engine not running) but goes off when I start the enginer......does anyone know if this is normal?

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
...it's a bit of a culture shock coming from a 1.4 rover 200

Now you need to remember not to drive at 4.3 mph below the limit at all times and it's ok to use your mirrors...

~craig~ said:
One think I've noticed tonight though is that the "Exaust Emission Warning Light" is on when the ignition is on (engine not running) but goes off when I start the enginer......does anyone know if this is normal?

That's perfectly normal - nothing to worry about. It doesn't know how the exhaust's doing until you start it up, hence the light.

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
welcome :funk:, yes thats normal, if it comes on when running its telling you thers probably a couple of wasted journeys back to the stealers ahead, for some sensor replacements! :(

make sure you know what to do to clean the dpf, it is in the manual and you should get along fine.

some thing you always have to do tho is post pics of your steed on here so we can see it in the flesh!!! :ban: :p

~craig~

Apr 15, 2007
Brighton
ok guys that's good to know :D glad something hasn't failed on the first day.

I will have to take some pictures tomorrow, after I wash it. Some thoughtful Seagul has cr*pped on it already :shrug:

I need to get used to driving a diesel and get the gear changes right now.......

Nick1974

Welcome to the club :)

I had mine about 3 weeks ago, does take a little getting used to driving a turbo diesel.

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
ok guys that's good to know :D glad something hasn't failed on the first day.

I will have to take some pictures tomorrow, after I wash it. Some thoughtful Seagul has cr*pped on it already :shrug:

I need to get used to driving a diesel and get the gear changes right now.......

One thing which really irritates me is bird ****, i have to clean it straight away, i just worry that it corrodes the paint.. :p

superleon1

It does corrode the paint if it's left long enough! I had some on my previous Leon...left it on, but when I wiped it off weeks later it left a permanent mark....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.