Picking up new Cupra advice

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
Hi Guys,

Just had a call from my dealer saying the car had arrived early and when did I want to collect it. They had initially said September so pretty happy. :D

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for when I pick it up. Anything I should check above the normal walk around inspection.

The only options I'm getting is a reversing cam and black metallic.

Thanks in advance.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Check all the manuals and service book are in the glovebox, also sat nav SD card is present.
Make sure the locking wheel nut key is in the boot and the tools if you ordered a spare etc.

I hope this helps

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
Thanks Bogwoppit, I hadn't thought of the locking wheel nut key or the sd card. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning so I've been making a list of things to check.

Cheers

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Hi Guys,

Just had a call from my dealer saying the car had arrived early and when did I want to collect it. They had initially said September so pretty happy. :D

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for when I pick it up. Anything I should check above the normal walk around inspection.

The only options I'm getting is a reversing cam and black metallic.

Thanks in advance.

Out of interest, how long ago did you place the order for yours?

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
As above plus: did they stamp the book for the PDI? Look at every panel carefully for misalignment/bulges esp on plastic parts, check the third brake light for cracks. Did you get the fuel they promised you? Any other extras?

If any fault do NOT accept the car on the day until rectified. Disappointing but less aggro in the end.

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
The dealer walked me round the car and then said right get in and enjoy it. Also drive it like it's meant to be driven. I made it sing up the road

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
Thanks fir the advice guys.

Evoke, I ordered mine on the 21st Of May. They originally said it would be a September delivery because of a shortage of Cupra wheels. Guess that was sorted out.

Daz68

Apr 18, 2002
Somewhere up north
Thanks for all the replies.

Just a quick update. Picked up my car this morning. I was thoroughly impressed with the dealership. The branch manager, sales manager and sales executive were all waiting when I got there to shake my hand, and show me the car:

IMG_20160730_105206_zpskxf5wmld.jpg

I had a walk around it before we did the paperwork which did take a while but no big deal. The Sales Exec then came back with a bunch of flowers. Luckily my mother was with me, but a nice gesture I thought.

He walked me around the car showing me the petrol cap, and the boot including the locking wheel nut etc., before going through all the controls, showing me the manuals and the SD card. He even showed me how to pair my phone with the car.

We then went out on a familiarisation drive which again I thought was a nice touch.

And the car is even better than I remember from the test drive. :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members