Pics??? 16s Not lowered?

G223

Dec 6, 2007
i have a feeling my car will look a bit land rover ish if i dont lower it so i want to know what it would look like not lowered, save a bit of ride comfort and practicality if i can get away with it being standard

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Ye Olde 'RedShed'.. 16's unlowered.. one of the few things I didnt actually ever do to it before the Cupra took its place..
1st one about a week after I got it,. (still got Pre updated bumpers)
864vec4.jpg

then (sorry about the snow) with various bits and peices done to it through its metamorphosise inc. updated Bumpers, twin exhaust etc..
6k5p4c8.jpg

G223

Dec 6, 2007
brilliant thanks guys, i think ill fit them and leave it at that, shortest distance i can lower them is 40mm, doesent sound like much but its enough when the roads the state its in about NI i think if it annoys me much ill get round to lowering in a year or 3

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
I just gotta lower mine soon,could house a small family in that wheel to arch gap :p only taken 4yrs tho.......same as you tho in what i'd like n what i get due to road conditions n speed humps,well hills more like but hey ho,just waiting to see how the cheaper coilies pan out for those that have em as i'm poor n can't afford the more expensive ones n would like the adjustable option....bloody women,we always want too much:bleh:

G223

Dec 6, 2007
mines not really the type that you spend money on suspension since 0-60 is in the early teens lol, if i was to lower it it would be struts and springs from a scrapyard with a coil cut off each corner, pity the closest scrapyard is a couple hours trip away now.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
My 'RedShed' was a mere 1.4 , just looked better with (some) of the bits on.. certainly made a hellova difference putting the later updated bumpers on

car cost me the princely sum of £140 then got the bumpers for about £30 or so (just had to fetch the bloody things ..front came from a lad up Manchester way, rear was from Hereford/welsh Border kinda area exhaust was bought off a bloody good lad in Manchester , the 1/2 leather interior from Bucks kinda way.. then assorted bits and peices from Ebay, here.. there.. just looked for the stuff as they came up at the right prices..

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
mines not really the type that you spend money on suspension since 0-60 is in the early teens lol, if i was to lower it it would be struts and springs from a scrapyard with a coil cut off each corner, pity the closest scrapyard is a couple hours trip away now.

Get em posted but then i guess you can't inspect em as well as pocket multiple other "free" bits whilst you're there;);)

G223

Dec 6, 2007
ahh im not too worried about pocketing other bits, recently had asscess to a 95 ibiza and stole plenty off it, including 2 spare wheels and a bootlid because it had the spoiler ready back window, door pockets....etc...etc it was emptied of everrything i could get and if i hada got the 16s before i was at the other car i would have had shocks aswell too but cant be helped, my car went up a spec or two though lol

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
Couldnt resist to show my old chariot, how i loved it :) . 2L 8v 95 so its got the retro bumpers and pin strip, on some 16" multispokes, made by Fox, about all i know :)

DSC03663.jpg

DSC03682.jpg

DSC03670.jpg

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
im a quick worker, and no it wasnt lowerd, back sat fine but the gap between the front tyre and the arch must of been 40mm if not 60mm ... i dropped the valver 40mm all round and thats still got the front gap, if i got another lowering kit id go 60/40 .... just my opinion of course

fuel injected

so 16's will fit on easy without any sort of body work yeh?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members