Picture request.. lowered mk2 Cupra/FR on 17" wheels

JMP

May 27, 2004
Im thinking about changing my oem 18" wheels for 17" oz racing alleggerita alloys. Maybe I will gain some performance & economy in the process. Does anyone have a picture of their cupra or FR with 17" aftermarket wheels and on lowered suspension? Hows the look compared to 18"? :confused:

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Here is mine- I think the trade off between looks and road behaviour favours 17"s - I am sure others will disagree but I would rather have the slightly less crashy ride on english roads although I like the look of 18"s and would never run down those for whom that is decisive. Light wheels reduce unsprung weight and should therefore help the roadholding by making it easier for the dampers and springs in keeping the tyres in best contact with the road. So your plan makes sense if you think the looks are OK.
Mine is lowered with the pro-kit Eibachs (30mm nominal)- Sportlines are a bit lower still. I can vouch for the Pro-kit as a smooth and improving spring for the Fr- no clearance issues. Others have posted favourably about the Sportlines.
IMG_0801-1.jpg

JMP

May 27, 2004
17s won't fit on a Cupra as the discs are rarther large. They will be fine on an FR as above as the discs are smaller.

My winter wheels that came with the car are 17". Im pretty sure they will fit. Thanks jcp for the pic.

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
The Cupra brakes will go under many but not all 17"s- before paying for posh new ones it would be wise to check with a trial fit!
Do you gave pics of the OZ wheels I'm not familiar with the name.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise