Pioneer AVH-p4300DVD with a couple of Mod's - possibly the only one around ?

leon20v

its all about the BOC
Feb 4, 2008
Charleston SC, USA
Quick update, facia is complete !
its not perfect, its not great, but it will do untill a proper one is released.
little bit blured though !

complete.jpg

next project is intergrating the seat Bluetooth to the pioneer headunit :funk:

jamesx

Feb 17, 2011
Cornwall
That looks bloody brilliant...it's the sort of thing i wouldn't even consider doing myself as i would almost certainly bugger it up. Good on you.

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
looks good to me, although id like to find a carbon fibre that matches the stock a bit more.

3M DiNoc or Hexis carbon wrap is as good as you're going to get at the moment. Hexis being the better of the two and probably the least heard of! 3M's DiNoc has been around for years now but hasn't improved on quality. I've used it myself on my old Type R and found it easy enough on flat surfaces but moulding it around curves can be a bugger. The new Hexis film has a slightly smaller weave (fractionally) than the 3M and looks glossier from any of the pics I've seen and is much more pliable than the 3M stuff making it much easier to work with on complex shapes ;) Not really any dearer than 3M either. Hope this helps :)

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
3M DiNoc or Hexis carbon wrap is as good as you're going to get at the moment. Hexis being the better of the two and probably the least heard of! 3M's DiNoc has been around for years now but hasn't improved on quality. I've used it myself on my old Type R and found it easy enough on flat surfaces but moulding it around curves can be a bugger. The new Hexis film has a slightly smaller weave (fractionally) than the 3M and looks glossier from any of the pics I've seen and is much more pliable than the 3M stuff making it much easier to work with on complex shapes ;) Not really any dearer than 3M either. Hope this helps :)

sounds good, although chatting to some people at work, i might get them to make me a REAL carbon fibre facia. Which could be cool, we also have some carbon fibre cloth which is meant to be realllly good.

leon20v

its all about the BOC
Feb 4, 2008
Charleston SC, USA
amazing mate!! great job!!! Any method to interactuate with the oem radio controls??

cheers!!

yep, using the connect2 interface everything works great, volume etc,. even the controls for the bluetooth still work which i am figuring out how to get working again.

sounds good, although chatting to some people at work, i might get them to make me a REAL carbon fibre facia. Which could be cool, we also have some carbon fibre cloth which is meant to be realllly good.

ohhhh.. Fancy !! now that i do like the idea of! want to make two ? :D
Can you make SOT leads for the pioneer also ? :D

Last edited:

Scottual

I've been wanting to do something like this for ages!!

Now I know what to get And got a step by step lol,

It looks proper mint mate!!

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
yep, using the connect2 interface everything works great, volume etc,. even the controls for the bluetooth still work which i am figuring out how to get working again.

ohhhh.. Fancy !! now that i do like the idea of! want to make two ? :D
Can you make SOT leads for the pioneer also ? :D

whats needed for the sound on top leads? i can bel out connectors and probably find new pins etc lying about.

leon20v

its all about the BOC
Feb 4, 2008
Charleston SC, USA
whats needed for the sound on top leads? i can bel out connectors and probably find new pins etc lying about.

I am trying to figure out how to mute the radio but keep the speakers active. Maybe the radio does this when you use the mute cable on the pioneer wireing loom ? but i havent had chance to try it yet

Right now the bluetooth works as normal even though you can not hear the voice commands or hear the other person on the phone.
The phone still pairs to it and the stearing remote still works to answer/ end calls and the caller can hear you fine !!

I know the pin out for the connector on the quadlock for the bluetooth, its only 4 speaker wires for the two front speakers and 1 mute wire.

I've got some spare pins so i am going to have a go at making my own !

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
looks good mate.
not sure on your video bypass mod thingy majig?
you done this so you can watch the video while driving ? all you had to do was take the hand brake cable from the wiring loom and earth it , simples job done and no more expense needed ;)

oh your pioneer do you get the screen tilit function , comes in very handy on mine especially on sunny days.

leon20v

its all about the BOC
Feb 4, 2008
Charleston SC, USA
looks good mate.
not sure on your video bypass mod thingy majig?
you done this so you can watch the video while driving ? all you had to do was take the hand brake cable from the wiring loom and earth it , simples job done and no more expense needed ;)

oh your pioneer do you get the screen tilit function , comes in very handy on mine especially on sunny days.

The bypass has been done so when i have my nices in the car they can watch movies etc and let me drive with out hassle ! I couldnt ever imagine watching a movie or something while i was driving.. would be asking for BIG trouble !

If the radio see's a Permanente earth it wont work as this radio looks for earth AFTER the radio switches on, hence why the bypass was made.

Screen does tilt but havent had much need for it yet

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
i serviced an FR the other day and he had a similiar unit to you maybe a newer version it was ****ing smart, No idea where he got the panel from looked 100% genuine. 1st ive ever seen.

leon20v

its all about the BOC
Feb 4, 2008
Charleston SC, USA
i serviced an FR the other day and he had a similiar unit to you maybe a newer version it was ****ing smart, No idea where he got the panel from looked 100% genuine. 1st ive ever seen.

cool ! seen some on german websites but nothing with the carbon finish that was good. I need to get creative

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
Yea it was only gloss black but suited the fr. I think i saw ur thread on detailing forums earlier, very clean if was u.