piper exhaust and sports cat

mattfas

Apr 6, 2009
leeds
hi all looking for a bit of advice on stainless steel exhausts im thinking of buying a full system sst piper exhaust to put on my leon fr 1.8t what sort of sound would the exhaust give out and would i benefit more from buying a sports cat would i gain more bhp from a sports cat. milltek do a simillar exhaust system with the oval tip which is the one i want which one goes best on the leon 1.8t fr and roughly how much would you be looking to pay for the piper sports cat and full stainless steel exhaust system and the same for the milltek again sports cat and full system and what would be the bhp benefits from both. at present my car is running 202bhp with performance torque remap.cheers

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
hey mate dont know heaps but ive just ordered a blue flame turbo back ( full system ). Cheaper option than the piper - someone has a clip and sounds nice enough. Also this is near exact same oval as the cupra r and looks less baffled than the piper so nicer looking tail pipe.

Mark

mattfas

Apr 6, 2009
leeds
thanks for the reply does the blue flame system take a sports cat as well is it worth fitting a sports cat will the car still pass an mot with a sports cat? cheers

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
mine is awaiting delivery but i have ordered it with the 100 cell racing cat so hopefully everything ok. Theyve said it will pass a mot so shall wait and see.

mattfas

Apr 6, 2009
leeds
just had a look on blue flame web site they seem reasonably priced but on there options it comes up with the seat 1.8t and sport do you know if this covers the 1.8t fr or are they the same probably me just been thick ha ha and also will i need the cat back system the down pipe and cat to complete the full lot this costs around 750quid does this sound right thanks again for the advice and replys

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
I've got a full Blueflame system and it is great!

Looks and sounds really nice :)

Though as said a few posts back the 100 cell did cause me engine judder which took me ages to nail down!

Any way got 200 cell off Nigel at Blueflame for a fantastic price and problem solved! ;)

mattfas

Apr 6, 2009
leeds
thanks everybody for the replies i will be ordering the blue flame system with the 200cellcat very shortly:clap:

hi all looking for a bit of advice on stainless steel exhausts im thinking of buying a full system sst piper exhaust to put on my leon fr 1.8t what sort of sound would the exhaust give out and would i benefit more from buying a sports cat would i gain more bhp from a sports cat. milltek do a simillar exhaust system with the oval tip which is the one i want which one goes best on the leon 1.8t fr and roughly how much would you be looking to pay for the piper sports cat and full stainless steel exhaust system and the same for the milltek again sports cat and full system and what would be the bhp benefits from both. at present my car is running 202bhp with performance torque remap.cheers

Might be worth speaking to Will at p-torque as he is a dealer for Jetex systems. I bought mine from him last year - full stainless turbo back, 200cell sports cat and the oval tip. Jetex systems are around the prices you're looking at for the BF and Piper, in my opinion they are a top quality piece of kit. Car just flew through the MOT last week with it on

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.