Piper tip rusting

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi, as its a dry saturday for once i washed the car, Coming up to the exhaust the tip is rusting all over the lip. Any one else got this problem? and how do the other makes fair? Im a bit pissed off its only been on 3-4 weeks. It does clean up with some autosol but you cannot get all of it off as where the lip is rolled at the bottom it butts up against the backing and cant be reached but is still really visibly as its as shiny as a mirror and shows everything up.
IMGP3184.jpg

IMGP3185.jpg

Should i return it, live with it or chop it off and weld a nicer tip on as Ive never been entirely set on the look of it

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Is it s/s or mild steel? Piper mild steel versions are crap. If you still have the original, take the piper off, get a refund and buy something else!

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi thanks for the link, Ive just emailed piper so hopefully i will hear from them shortly. What are my options - just to get a replacement or am i allowed to get a refund as in total its been about 1.5-2 months since I bought it but only 1 month since fitted. With a replacement my concern is that it will happen again and if it does the part is plainly not fit for purpose as we as consumers buy sports exhausts for performance and aesthetics and expect them to last atleast a few years right? I dread to think how it will look once the road gritting starts!