Pipercross Panel Air Filter

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Hey guys,

I've been offered a fairly cheap second hand Pipercross Panel filter for my 1.4, its done about 1000 miles with it, so not a huge amount and hes asking for £15 for it. Is it worth it? I know it won't provide any noticeable performance gains but will it provide a little more noise? Ideally i will end up buying a a BMC CDA intake or a Pipercross Viper Kit to make the most of the air intake system, but for the mean time will it be an improvement on the standard filter?

Jack

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Well, It "May" change the sound on yours, it did on my 1.9TDI and 1.8T but their both turbo'd so the air intake is alot higher.

Not sure if its worth it. Good price though

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
i'd get it if i was you its washable so save you money when it comes to service time anyways and it will make a sound difference and maybe a small amount of throttle response

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
i'd get it if i was you its washable so save you money when it comes to service time anyways and it will make a sound difference and maybe a small amount of throttle response

I agree, it`s a good idea at the least because it will be washable/re-useable.

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Well it came this morning, much larger then i thought it would be!

Fitted it this evening, was a pile of pi*s to be honest;

Remove engine cover
Remove 10 or so screws
Remove old, place in new
Refit 10 screws
Refit engine cover

Easy enough for anyone to consider doing.

From a panel filter, i wasn't expecting much, there is a "slight" draw of more air noise, and possibly a little more responsive, but didn't get much chance to try it out.. But overall for 13.50, good little mod to get going with!

Jack

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.