Plasti Dip Grill Surround

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Done the same thing as you did!
K5J2q24.jpg

Next stop is waxing the car and out a selfhealing cover on the hood!

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Done the same thing as you did!
K5J2q24.jpg

Next stop is waxing the car and out a selfhealing cover on the hood!
Have you had your mirrors sprayed or wrapped? They look a bugger to wrap. Have thought about plasti dipping mine.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

AndyTSI

Apr 2, 2016
It literally just peels off, like the plastic that comes on the screen of a new phone!:p It leaves the surface beneath exactly like it was when the dip went on.

Gonna order some now as I tried to wrap the bottom bumper bar last night and turned out terrible. I'll get on to that website you ordered from and hopefully he can deliver to Kildare! Cheers man!

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Have you had your mirrors sprayed or wrapped? They look a bugger to wrap. Have thought about plasti dipping mine.

Actually I took em' off and got it sprayed in black.
Was about the same price to spray as wrap/dip for me:)
Made it look a million bucks better!

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Actually I took em' off and got it sprayed in black.
Was about the same price to spray as wrap/dip for me:)
Made it look a million bucks better!
How did you get them off? Do they just pull with a bit of force?

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
How did you get them off? Do they just pull with a bit of force?

Yeah, just to pull of with a bit of force. But be careful so you don't brake any clip.
There's a video on YouTube on how to, but it's harder than it looks like compared to that:)

Houghsx

Aug 11, 2015
How durable is plastic dip? Will it look weathered quickly?

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Yeah, just to pull of with a bit of force. But be careful so you don't brake any clip.
There's a video on YouTube on how to, but it's harder than it looks like compared to that:)
Thanks.. might go for the plasti dip. Bit more durable than wrap. Plus will give a matt black finish like the front of my car :)

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Gonna order some now as I tried to wrap the bottom bumper bar last night and turned out terrible. I'll get on to that website you ordered from and hopefully he can deliver to Kildare! Cheers man!

Andy, a much better place for you to buy it is http://www.carwrapdirect.com/. They are just off the M50 and you can just call in and buy it or they will deliver. I've used them for the wrap I bought for the license plate section of the bumper.

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
have anyone plasti-dipped the grey plastic on the back bumper? im thinking of give i try as the grey is driving me mad. maybe glossifier over that too? any pics welcome.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
have anyone plasti-dipped the grey plastic on the back bumper? im thinking of give i try as the grey is driving me mad. maybe glossifier over that too? any pics welcome.
See post #2141 in what did you do with your Leon today.

Looks good in that example. I am thinking of this to.... Or using back to black on it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
See post #2141 in what did you do with your Leon today.

Looks good in that example. I am thinking of this to.... Or using back to black on it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The grey plastic is a bit rough but hopefully it will look ok after more coats... Still can take it off if needed though...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Steede

Jun 23, 2013
Ireland
sorry for the thread revival, you on shift B in intel, nearly sure ive seen you car, ive a mk2 white FR

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
Assume it stands up well against washing the car and powerful jet sprays?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
guys...

Mat Black Plastidip?

You just masked the sides of the bumper and grill and sprayed 5 layers?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.