Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

brad1

It's looks pretty small in the picture, but I'm sure in person it will look much bigger :) good choice by the sounds of it mate, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back??

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It's looks pretty small in the picture, but I'm sure in person it will look much bigger :) good choice by the sounds of it mate, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back??
£80 which was the cheapest I found it. Have a look at adam cupra 20vt thread, its bigger than you think. :)

Apexi is very popular in the states and Japan and they seem good for 400-500bhp. Like I said the reviews rate them very highly indeed so I am quite excited and Of course I will reserve judgment till I try it.

I was looking at these
http://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/competition_rubberneck.asp
Part No Price Neck ID (A) OD (B) Overall height (C) BHP Rating
C0187 £42.54--80 ------------200 -----200 -----------------380

I think it's the same as Buch BDM uses
I know the cupra mk2 people use ITGs and say they are pretty good. Problem I read with foam ones is they tend to let more dirt in than other types and once they do get dirty thats it.

Staszek20vt

Aug 19, 2009
PL/BE
www.leonclub.pl
Nice one Maz, I'm wondering what it will show on dyno ;) After I read few last post today morning I had some ideas for you, but now it is too late :(
Anyway I would build a nice heat shield...

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Nice one Maz, I'm wondering what it will show on dyno ;) After I read few last post today morning I had some ideas for you, but now it is too late :(
Anyway I would build a nice heat shield...
Already on that Stan, looks like H&S will be pretty busy in the near future.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
i got a carbonio , altho , i think it pull sharder further up , i had no before and after evidence

i notice now tho , when cold mornings first start up is a biatch to get going , you try to pull off and there seems to be no power ??

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
think im getting a simular prob. but with a bmc kit, with the feed to the spot light. ive my eyes on the the cai from kn for the r32, its moosive.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
You only get MAF problems if you overoil them after cleaning :) I had a green filter in mine for over 45k miles and it gave me no problems at all even with 2 cleans.
Yes but only way to get them clean is by oiling them. How much oil is too much, how clean do you want it etc...

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
You clean it with filter cleaner solution - once all the old stuff is off and it's clean and dry, light sprays of the new oil until you have a nice even covering. I've always followed the instructions :)
I bought a dry one so dont have to do that :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.