Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Many reckon modifying is a waste of money, personally I reckon buying brand new or nearly new cars are an even bigger waste - say £4k loss in year 1 on a very ordinary shopping trolley.

Whose the mug now?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Maz have you ever totted up how much you've spent at AMD over the years?

As you're a bit pragmatic about the whole process, I don't suppose you're too bothered by it all.
I havent got an exact figure however its in the thousands yes. As you said I am pragmatic about these things so it doesnt bother me as I have had the car for 4 years now.

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
JonJay... Hows the apexi intake working for you? Anddd im looking at getting a full hose kit, i have the turbo hoses ( away from the turbo ) but would like the hoses for the induction onwards, and from the manifold back... any recommendations of sites or places i could visit to help me out? cheers

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
JonJay... Hows the apexi intake working for you? Anddd im looking at getting a full hose kit, i have the turbo hoses ( away from the turbo ) but would like the hoses for the induction onwards, and from the manifold back... any recommendations of sites or places i could visit to help me out? cheers
Apexi is working well.

I am not sure what you got exactly? When you say turbo hoses away from turbo you talking about Turbo Outlet pipe, pancake pipe and hose connecting to intercooler?

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
Apexi is working well.

I am not sure what you got exactly? When you say turbo hoses away from turbo you talking about Turbo Outlet pipe, pancake pipe and hose connecting to intercooler?

only the hoses away from the turbo, like two pipes... i would like ones on display really if you know what i mean. Excuse my lack of hose knowledge lol

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Rather than flicking through this giant thread, thought id ask for your recommendation... Ta anyways

By reading up yourself, you can make your own recommendation as Jonjay doesnt really say there is only one way, the thread has many avenues to do things, but what is the main concern with the way Jonjay did his... its with quality which comes at a price, many which..... wont fork out for..... so go to the index, find the intercooler post and grab a cuppa and get reading

You might learn something towards your "lack of hose knowledge"

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Depends if you're going silly turbo or not :) What Slick doesn't say is that Maz was already walking down a road that he'd gone too far down to stop and turn back. Going for a more expensive but ultimately better custom solution was the answer to his particular problem.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Depends if you're going silly turbo or not :) What Slick doesn't say is that Maz was already walking down a road that he'd gone too far down to stop and turn back. Going for a more expensive but ultimately better custom solution was the answer to his particular problem.
....Hence his recomendation wouldnt be much help unless that person was in the exact same position, but people have spoken on the thread of alternatives after his posts to those intrested in the same route but have more time on there hands unlike Maz who had no car or patience to research it out himself... if he had, he would have, but in all honesty I think he chose the best route, although expensive, will pay off in the long run.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Nothing to do with patience - it was knowledge at the time. I started the route even before the silly turbo...

brad1

Maz, your slacking, your car was looking filthy at AmD today :p tho ill let you off cause your a good mate :) Oh, nick was having fun trying to fit that new 5.5 litre washer bottle too haha. Car still looked good tho ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
well i guess ill just read through then... i have a hybrid turbo diesel so i may have to choose carefully, it would seem. Cheers
Please do Jay there is good info there.

Maz, your slacking, your car was looking filthy at AmD today :p tho ill let you off cause your a good mate :) Oh, nick was having fun trying to fit that new 5.5 litre washer bottle too haha. Car still looked good tho ;)
I know Brad, just been super busy lately.

Yea Nick said it fitted ok. Thats step 1 complete for the time being.

Agree - I think I also saw your car at AMD today along with another Black mk1 Leon (which I decided to park next to). Some very fine looking motors in the car park and today was worth every single penny too :D
Thanks mate, shame it was dirty. Never really leave it as bad as it was.

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
It didn't look particularly dirty in respect - mine was immaculate when I went down there this morning but with the rain showers followed by fairly warm sun it was tending to bake the water droplets onto every surface of the car - hate this!:rolleyes:

Overall I was very impressed by the service and the quality of the work carried out, I can really see why you go back to them so regularly. Ive already got plans to go back when my wallets recovered from today.

brad1

What did you have done today liam?? I saw your car, it was looking rather tidy ;) AmD's workmanship is top notch, I recommend them to anyone and that's why I always go back to them :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.